Active Topics

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Anyway, a lot of guys here are not from EU too. So I think it will stop a lot from donating(including me) if no other method like PayPal are included

Btw you maybe as well can register Flattr account for maemo, as there are more things to pay for rather than trademark (and if there is extra we can bring back competitions), so people who is able to donate monthly, can just do it automagically

edit:
i see some folks are forwarding thru paypal, so who do i ping to forward?

Last edited by ZogG; 2015-06-30 at 14:35. Reason: see in post

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
Anyway, a lot of guys here are not from EU too. So I think it will stop a lot from donating(including me) if no other method like PayPal are included

Btw you maybe as well can register Flattr account for maemo, as there are more things to pay for rather than trademark (and if there is extra we can bring back competitions), so people who is able to donate monthly, can just do it automagically

edit:
I can help you guys out, like I did with pichlo

Edit:
We have organization-level PayPal account now!
Please use donations@maemo.org for donations

Last edited by HtheB; 2015-07-05 at 01:07.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post

edit:
I am in the process of registering an official paypal account for Maemo Community now, but it takes a while since it is not just point'n'shoot operation like for private citizens.

I will post details when the account has been set up.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
If you wish your donation to be counted only for TM registration, please state so in the bank transfer text so we can refund your donation in case the registration fails short of funds.
I'm feeling generous today so I've transferred EUR 100 your way.
(working in the patent business makes me feel guilty for some horrendous fees..)

The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by reinob View Post
I'm feeling generous today so I've transferred EUR 100 your way.
(working in the patent business makes me feel guilty for some horrendous fees..)
I will donate about the same as soon as I find a friend who can make online transfers (My RL job as a developer is mostly related to bank SW, thus I don't have online banking )

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
Costs for renewal of existing TM registration for 3 classes for the EU: ~2.120,- €.
Deadline: 2015-08-28

Costs for new TM registration (1 class only):
USA (expired): ~1.050 €
China: ~1.000 €

Prices contain the official fees and service fees for an agency.
Prices are subject to currency fluctuation changes as the WIPO
official fees have to be paid in Swiss francs.

Classes:
# 9: Computer software tools and libraries used for the development of other software applications; computer software development tools; computer software for creating and managing a computer desktop; computer software for use as a graphical user interface; computer software for word processing, database management, and use as a spreadsheet; computer software for hand-held devices in various fields functioning as a desktop center for storing and entering personal information management data, executing applications and transferring data to hand held devices, and application suites, namely applications for business productivity, personal information management, multimedia content players, multimedia encoders and decoders, and synchronization with desktop PC's for hand held devices.

# 38: Telecommunications.

# 42: Computer software development and maintenance; computer software design; computer programming for others; technical consulting services in the field of computer software; licensing of intellectual property; updating of computer software for others
Current Maemo Community Council member

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Win7Mac For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,139 | Thanked: 8,156 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ From my Gabriola Island hermitage, near the Edge of the World
Hm... concerning whether or not it is a good idea to let go of the trademark or not...deemed on whether we make and sell something with the trademark ...or whether it is for sentimental reasons..
I think this is about preserving integrity and quality of name as much as anything.
God knows the damage done by whoever snags up the trademark if we let it lapse.
Also...on the topic of trademarks and whether we should keep it
I say a resounding yes.
For example ...I used to do t-shirts and silk screening when I was younger...
So just as an example ...
For fund-raising purposes...
I wouldn't go so far as to do silk-screening considering the very limited numbers of units involved and the large amount of work for the process..
But there are other methods of doing t-shirts more cost and labour efficient that I could consider ...
I still have a small stack of new (not a couple years old..still in their plastic...unused of course ) different sized and coloured t-shirts still in the box.
I could roll the idea around in my brain a bit..
I do know it would be easier for me to take such a task on in the winter..
Since this is prime-time for me currently for carving...and the winter I spend designing...

Come to think of it..In fact...
point validated..
There for just an example is one very important reason to keep the tm ...or else excellent methods of fundraising are out the window...where the donator actually gets a "physical" reward for donating. More donations would occur especially if the donators got a tangible "thank you" 'eh?

Owner of :
1-n770 (in retirement), 3-n800's / 3-n810's (still in daily use), 5-n900's ((3 are flawless, 1 loose usb ( parts), 1 has no telephony (parts))
3-nexus 5's : 1 w/ Floko Pie 9.1 (running beautifully) waiting for Stable Droid 10 rom, 1 w/ ̶Ubuntu Touch, 1 with Maru OS (intend maemo leste when ready)

1/2 - neo900 pre- "purchased" in 2013. N̶o̶w̶ ̶A̶w̶a̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶e̶w̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ - neo900 start up declared officially dead -
Lost invested funds.

PIMP MY N8X0 (Idiot's Guide and a video walkthrough)http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94294
THE LOST GRONMAYER CATALOGShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ight=gronmayer
N8X0 VIDEO ENCODING THE EASY WAYhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=mediacoder
242gb ON N800http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90634
THE PAIN-FREE MAEMO DEVELOPMENT LIVE DISTRO-ISO FOR THE NOOB TO THE PROhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95567
AFFORDABLE MASS PRODUCTION FOR MAEMO PARTShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93325

Meateo balloons now available @ Dave999's Meateo Emporium

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to endsormeans For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
T-shirts are an excellent idea. I would buy a couple right away, money no object (to a reasonable extent, say up to about €30 apiece).

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,139 | Thanked: 8,156 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ From my Gabriola Island hermitage, near the Edge of the World
Well ...hm...laser-printed melted-heat-transfer works well...it is cheaper and easier ..I'll have to pull out and take pics and throw them up here...of some of my fav's...they are great examples of the durability of the method...these tshirts of mine ..worn daily from april to october over the last 7 years ... and the work STILL looks good..a little beaten..a little worn...but even still...after 7 years of abuse...not bad at all...so yeah I can vouch for the process ..just gotta do the pics.

Price wise...depending on..
A- the size, complexity and colours involved in the design(s)...that equates to cost. ie- some may wish black and white, some may wish colour, some may wish 8"x8" or larger size-ish design...others may wish a left-breast logo/ design.
and again it depends...black and white shows best on lighter or white colour...colour shows best on lighter or white colour.
Mid grey even works...
Darks are difficult...Black is very difficult for bound colours to vibrantly show on ..
And of course it depends on what t-shirt sizes and colours I readily have to hand..
I may have the size but not the colour ..may have the colour but not the size...necessitating possible specific purchases to facilitate the individual needs.

B- just how many people wish a shirt. Throw out a poll not just for "how many want a shirt"
but also "what sizes" what colours" (please avoid black eh? don't make life more "fun" for me. )... what kind of design(s) ...ie central chest ...left breast.. black and white...colour..blah-blah-blah...all that fun stuff...but keep it simple though.

C- requisite supplies ...
shirts (I have some...but I'm sure what leftover stock won't accommodate everyone interested)
inkx ..
plastix ..
those last two will definitely be the biggest chunk of money..but even still....give me til Thursday at least to do some pricing locally for the supplies I would need for the materials for my equipment...
Then I can do an exact breakdown of cost to the penny.
excluding shipping..(that is just too wide a variable). and then I'll throw the resulting number at the boys upstairs and they can put their needed ducat (do people still use the term "ducat" ? ) and a final tag laid out for a shirt.
I can't imagine a shirt will run over 30 euros ...
Today is just about done...let me do my thing tomorrow and hunt around locally for what I'd need and price it all.
in the mean...I'll pull out those t-shirts that I did work on...so you can see an example of the longevity and the merit of the process.

Owner of :
1-n770 (in retirement), 3-n800's / 3-n810's (still in daily use), 5-n900's ((3 are flawless, 1 loose usb ( parts), 1 has no telephony (parts))
3-nexus 5's : 1 w/ Floko Pie 9.1 (running beautifully) waiting for Stable Droid 10 rom, 1 w/ ̶Ubuntu Touch, 1 with Maru OS (intend maemo leste when ready)

1/2 - neo900 pre- "purchased" in 2013. N̶o̶w̶ ̶A̶w̶a̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶e̶w̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ - neo900 start up declared officially dead -
Lost invested funds.

PIMP MY N8X0 (Idiot's Guide and a video walkthrough)http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94294
THE LOST GRONMAYER CATALOGShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ight=gronmayer
N8X0 VIDEO ENCODING THE EASY WAYhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=mediacoder
242gb ON N800http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90634
THE PAIN-FREE MAEMO DEVELOPMENT LIVE DISTRO-ISO FOR THE NOOB TO THE PROhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95567
AFFORDABLE MASS PRODUCTION FOR MAEMO PARTShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93325

Meateo balloons now available @ Dave999's Meateo Emporium

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to endsormeans For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Originally Posted by www.rzr.online.fr

INAL, Do we really need to keep the maemo TM alive ?

What would be the consequences if we don't hold it ? could anyone get it and sue our community ?
Getting sued, probably not. Not as long as we don't manufacture anything.

I did ponder this question a while ago too, would it be benefical to have the TM's or is it just nostalgia; are we going to keep on something that once made sense but might not be any longer needed?

This is for the community to decide - if people want to refresh the TM's they want to contribute towards it.
Could we get a proper answer to this though? What is at stake? Is there any stake? How do we use the maemo TM currently? What plans are to use it? If we cannot be sued (my first thought was someone stealing the TM and trying to close us for using talk.(tm).org, but we're not selling anything, except maybe some projects), then isn't it 2k euro thrown to waste? Willing to chip in, but so far noone provided any good reason, except maemorabilia, and that doesn't really speak to my wallet, when does meego TM run out? Will we be throwing another 2k euro soon for another dead icon? Srsly, as much as I would like to help, I need a reason

Last edited by szopin; 2015-06-30 at 23:06.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:

Tags
maemo, trademark