Active Topics

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Win7Mac View Post
But what do those numbers tell us?
I guess the empty ballots might be just accident, somebody clicking through too quick, without stopping to think.

The total amount of 90 votes is good indication IMHO, the last 2 elections having just 83 and 82 votes. That is an increase of 9.8% from previous elections

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
My point is: 28 people who voted in the referendum did not vote for council...
Current Maemo Community Council member

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Win7Mac For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
It might be interesting to see how those 90 compare to the TamO general user profile. I mean, we have what? 6000 members? How many of them logged in in the past 12 months? I do not have any hard data nor do I know how to obtain it but my impression is that I keep seeing posts from the same 50-odd people, plus an odd post from a new member who cannot vote anyway.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Win7Mac View Post
My point is: 28 people who voted in the referendum did not vote for council...
That's a no-brainer really.
In the Council election you'd need to put 7 people in preferred order.
In the Referendum just a simple Yes/No question.
I am pretty sure the latter is an easier choice to make immediately, the former might taks so much thinking it actually is not getting finished due to something else coming to distract you while thinking about it... and then forgetting to finalize it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
It might be interesting to see how those 90 compare to the TamO general user profile. I mean, we have what? 6000 members? How many of them logged in in the past 12 months? I do not have any hard data nor do I know how to obtain it but my impression is that I keep seeing posts from the same 50-odd people, plus an odd post from a new member who cannot vote anyway.
We have actually 66159 registered users at the moment
Of those there are 5522 that have both linked their maemo&TMO accounts and have more than 10 points of Karma (so being eligible to vote)

Thus, 5522 ballots were sent, and 1.63% voted it the Elections and 2.14% voted in the Referendum.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Juiceme, I guess you got the point!

Where did my earlier post go? I guess into the Jolla nirvana ...
But all said already: number of voters is good and stable.
--edit
I meant absolute numbers in post two above.
Seeing them relative looks we have a small stable core of community only.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
That's a no-brainer really.
... might taks so much thinking it actually is not getting finished due to something else coming to distract you while thinking about it... and then forgetting to finalize it.
Wait, you're sayin 23,7% core users are ... ack, missing the right word here...?
Current Maemo Community Council member

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Win7Mac For This Useful Post:

Tags
maemo council