Active Topics

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 2,004 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ Fin
The Maemo Community e.V. proudly presents

The 1st Maemo Developer Regatta - Call For Donations

sponsored by Jolla

The first Maemo Coding Competition for all Maemo derived systems, incl. but not limited to Maemo and SailfishOS.

A long-awaited Coding Competition is just around the corner. We are planning this Competition to happen November 2016 till February 2017.

In order to make the Developer Regatta more interesting it should have a prize pool.
There is no fixed amount so all donations are very welcome!

If you like your donation to be bound as Competition Reward, please mark them as such or they will be taken as random community donations (monetary as well as hardware) and are not going to be bound to this Competition or any future competition.

Monetary donation methods and information can be found from here. Please use direct SEPA wire if applicable.

Shipping address for hardware donations is Maemo Community e.V. address:

Maemo Community e.V.
c/o R. Schiller
Beethovenstr. 19
67655 Kaiserslautern
- Germany -

If you want to order and donate an AquaFish, please, do not use the e.V. address as shipping address. German customs won't let us import them. If you know you can import them in your EU country, you may order it to your place and then ship it off to MCe.V.

Please don't forget to include your maemo.org username in the transfer message to be mentioned in the list found in wiki.
If no maemo.org username is included, the donation will be marked as anonymous.

Monetary donations will be converted to physical prizes. There will be no refund of any sort of such donations.

Funds and hardware, not directed towards the competition fund, may be used to support future developers on special tasks e.g. given out as Developer Loaner.

The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to eekkelund For This Useful Post:
Awesome! It's been too long since the last coding competition, I'll be sure to send a donation in a couple of days (ie. payday ).

Previous maemo.org coding competitions were blessed by so many people coming together - we collected from the community a large amount of money for the bounty prizes, programming books, even lazer cut desk stands. We were also fortunate to be blessed by great support from Quim and Nokia with lots of hardware (N9s, N950s).and all expenses trips to the MeeGo conference in Dublin. Gosh those were great times when the future seemed so bright...

i guess times are much tougher now of course, but I know you'll still get magnificent support from the guys here. And although prizes are really appreciated, a lot of devs in previous competitions also enjoyed other benefits like their applications being show cased, finding new users and also new developers who wanted to team.up and help.out with their open source projects. Although its a competition, it's always been very friendly and supportive and devs of all experience (Inc beginners) came forward to take part. We all in the community benefitted with some new devs and lots of very cool new apps! So everyone wins right

Thank you eekkelund, Chemist, the council and the other organizers for all your efforts to bring the competition back and into the future with the Developer Regatta! There's hard work ahead but I know the Regatta will be awesome and I can't wait to see what comes out of it

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Last edited by kojacker; 2016-09-28 at 18:20.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Always nice with a completion!

"sponsored by Jolla"

How and What?

Edit: also, is it possible to donate specifically to Maemo completions?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2016-09-28 at 18:44.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
"sponsored by Jolla"

How and What?
Details to be announced with the official competition announcement. All I say for now is that we will have part of the SFOS prizepool sponsored by Jolla.

Edit: also, is it possible to donate specifically to Maemo completions?
If you have something special in mind we can talk about possibilities and I am sure we figure something out.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by chemist View Post
Details to be announced with the official competition announcement. All I say for now is that we will have part of the SFOS prizepool sponsored by Jolla.

If you have something special in mind we can talk about possibilities and I am sure we figure something out.
Good that jolla finally doing something to the devs even if it's a small amount.

I was thinking if it was possible to donate second part of tablet refund. Maybe you could ask jolla?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Good that jolla finally doing something to the devs even if it's a small amount.

I was thinking if it was possible to donate second part of tablet refund. Maybe you could ask jolla?
Dave, you are getting off limits here - you know exactly that I wont discuss anything like that with Jolla! Donate something in your possession if you like to donate something.

Your general attitude... target it at something useful!

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chemist View Post
Dave, you are getting off limits here - you know exactly that I wont discuss anything like that with Jolla! Donate something in your possession if you like to donate something.

Your general attitude... target it at something useful!
aaaaand now we're all nice again, plz k?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to low For This Useful Post:
A long-awaited Coding Competition

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to guljarv For This Useful Post:
Posts: 90 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands
I donated some euro´s for the good cause!

Last edited by BonoNL; 2016-12-06 at 21:31. Reason: typo

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BonoNL For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2016 @ GUATEMALA
i want to donate too ,but i don't know how for paypal some body know?

Last edited by pez-vela; 2016-12-07 at 02:26.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pez-vela For This Useful Post:

Tags
coding, competition, developer, regatta