Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Nagoya, Japan
I will take a look to it when I have some free time.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FBergeron For This Useful Post:
I have resubmitted the application to the automatic builder tool and it passed successfully (as you can see here). Can anyone test whether the application works now. I have no device so cannot test it myself. Thanks.

Last edited by FBergeron; 2010-10-27 at 04:04. Reason: Added link to the new package in extras-devel.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FBergeron For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by FBergeron View Post
I have resubmitted the application to the automatic builder tool and it passed successfully (as you can see here). Can anyone test whether the application works now. I have no device so cannot test it myself. Thanks.
Yes, it works, in sense you can see settings of plugin, directory of dictionaries. Works as well as it did before update.

But still, images cannot be seen in the articles, and X Terminal prints multiple lines "QFSFileEngine:pen: No file name specified".

Thanks, and best wishes!

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 134 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Russia,Moscow
For some reason upgrading QStardict requires experimental Qt4.7...May be I don't understand something?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qwenjis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
I have same problem - trying to install newly build version of QStarDict requires libqt4_experimental packages. I haven't updated my packages, after apt-get update I installed new version of QStarDict and it works OK.

Last edited by zlatko; 2010-10-27 at 14:45. Reason: New info

The Following User Says Thank You to zlatko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 579 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
I have installed it and it works, thanks!

The dependence on libqt4-experimental, is that an oversight? Does it mean that some packages of the new release got overwritten?

EDIT: I can answer the last question myself - nothing got overwritten since the experimental libraries are installed in different directories. A different question instead: when a new qstardict version will depend on the final version, will we have to manually remove the experimental libraries?

Last edited by rebhana; 2010-10-27 at 18:23.

The Following User Says Thank You to rebhana For This Useful Post:
Thanks!! After updating new version today, it worked fine. This is one of my favorite apps.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DreamLand For This Useful Post:
Good to know that the application is working again.

About the dependency to libqt4-experimental-dev now...

The control file for the packaging the application looks like this:

Code:
Source: qstardict
Version: 0.13.2-3
Section: user/office
Priority: optional
Maintainer: Alexander R <sbir@list.ru>
Build-Depends: debhelper (>= 5), libqt4-dev, libqt4-experimental-dev, libglib2.0-dev, zlib1g-dev, libx11-dev, debhelper-maemo-package-icons (>= 0.0.2), maemo-optify | maemo-version (< 5.0)
Standards-Version: 3.8.0

Package: qstardict
Architecture: any
Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}
Suggests: espeak
XSBC-Bugtracker: https://garage.maemo.org/tracker/?group_id=1199
XB-Maemo-Display-Name: QStarDict
Description: International dictionary written using Qt4
 QStarDict is a modern international dictionary written using Qt4.
 It is a StarDict clone written with using Qt4. It can use StarDict DICT files as a word database for translation. QStarDict supports plugins.
As you can see, I have added libqt4-experimental-dev to Build-Depends.

My understanding was that this package should be installed only when downloading the source code, not when installing the application. I guess I was wrong. Anyway, I believe this is required only temporarily because qt-4.7 is still in beta and is not the default SDK. Eventually, this dependency will be removed in a future version of QStardict.

The Following User Says Thank You to FBergeron For This Useful Post:
Posts: 52 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Corunha
As you can see, I have added libqt4-experimental-dev to Build-Depends.

My understanding was that this package should be installed only when downloading the source code, not when installing the application. I guess I was wrong. Anyway, I believe this is required only temporarily because qt-4.7 is still in beta and is not the default SDK. Eventually, this dependency will be removed in a future version of QStardict.
The package is here:

http://repository.maemo.org/extras-d...e/q/qstardict/

And its dependencies are:

Code:
Package: qstardict
Version: 0.13.2-3fb2
Architecture: armel
Maintainer: Alexander R <sbir@list.ru>
Installed-Size: 940
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.5.0-1), libgcc1 (>= 1:4.2.1), libglib2.0-0 (>= 2.20.3-1maemo2+0m5), libqt4-experimental-core (>= 4.7.0~git20100908), libqt4-experimental-dbus (>= 4.7.0~git20100908), libqt4-experimental-gui (>= 4.7.0~git20100908), libqt4-experimental-network (>= 4.7.0~git20100908), libqt4-experimental-xml (>= 4.7.0~git20100908), libstdc++6 (>= 4.2.1-4maemo9+0m5), libx11-6 (>= 1.1.99.5+0m5), zlib1g (>= 1.2.3-9.osso9+0m5)
Suggests: espeak
Priority: optional
Description: International dictionary written using Qt4
 QStarDict is a modern international dictionary written using Qt4.
 It is a StarDict clone written with using Qt4. It can use StarDict DICT files as a word database for translation. QStarDict supports plugins.
Bugtracker: https://garage.maemo.org/tracker/?group_id=1199
My understanding is that it shouldn't depend on a version of libqt different than the one that comes with PR1.3, am I right?

So shall we wait for a new package?

Thanks!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Alberto Garcia For This Useful Post:
As soon as the default Nokia SDK is qt-4.7, I will release a new package. For the moment, the default SDK is qt-4.6. According to this article, it should be updated in near future.

I think it's no big deal... However, if it really bothers too many people, I can try to release a new package without this dependency and see if it works as well.

The Following User Says Thank You to FBergeron For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rox, help i'm stuck