Posts: 51 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Midlands, UK
MODS: FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT'S HOLY PLEASE CHANGE THIS THREAD'S TITLE!!

<ahem>

While I share the OPs sentiments, I /keep/ logging on and getting all excited - thinking that this is the "2006 announcement" thread.

Thankyou
jaycee

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Actually I can beat that Andrew... I'm in Toronto, so I had to go to the states just to get one. If you haven't been to Michigan, I don't recommend it.

They're starting to appear in stores up here obviously as a reseller type of thing. I can understand phones being limited to regions given their nature, but a tablet? C'mon.

Ok... Now I'm pissed... I come over to this site and see (omg) the new 2006 OS is out!!! YAY!!! I rush to my computer and turn it on and go to the Nokia 770 software update authentification screen (nokiausa.com) where it says quote:

Download the latest version of the Nokia 770 Internet Tablet's software.

Latest version: 5.2006.13-7 (April 18, 2006).

So I rush and put in my serial number and start the OS download and patch my device... I turn on my device in much anticipation... sameness... without my files because they are now history...

I check back the website to the download page and it says the new 2005 update (wtf?)...

My conclusion: Nokia updated the front authentification page to trick you into thinking the 2006 OS is out because the version number (5.2006.13-7) has 2006 in it... Sigh... Now I feel like a complete idiot and have to install EVERYTHING again... Oh maybe I'll just won't use my 770 until the new REAL OS comes out... *Sulks in self-pity*

Originally Posted by Hedgecore
Actually I can beat that Andrew... I'm in Toronto, so I had to go to the states just to get one. If you haven't been to Michigan, I don't recommend it.
Pah! That's nothing. I had to get a friend in the states to get me one and mail it down to New Zealand since there is no chance of getting one here

Actually I think I am still waiting for an email from Nokia saying the 770 has been released! I signed up again for the emails for the 2006 version but I imagine I will see it on here first before Nokia actually get around to emailing me themselves given their past efforts.

Simon

Posts: 148 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Stimutax, AZ
Originally Posted by takumikai
Ok... Now I'm pissed... I come over to this site and see (omg) the new 2006 OS is out!!! YAY!!! I rush to my computer and turn it on and go to the Nokia 770 software update authentification screen (nokiausa.com) where it says quote:

Download the latest version of the Nokia 770 Internet Tablet's software.

Latest version: 5.2006.13-7 (April 18, 2006).

So I rush and put in my serial number and start the OS download and patch my device... I turn on my device in much anticipation... sameness... without my files because they are now history...

I check back the website to the download page and it says the new 2005 update (wtf?)...

My conclusion: Nokia updated the front authentification page to trick you into thinking the 2006 OS is out because the version number (5.2006.13-7) has 2006 in it... Sigh... Now I feel like a complete idiot and have to install EVERYTHING again... Oh maybe I'll just won't use my 770 until the new REAL OS comes out... *Sulks in self-pity*
There was an os update in 2006, but it was not the '2006 OS'