Closed Thread
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by kulve View Post
The interrupt line is something that Jolla must provide in addition to I2C to the Other Half.
It's just one extra "wire" while I2C needs power, ground, clock and data.
Well, lets hope to God they've got something like that...
Is this something we should be pressing with them "now", or is it too late given where they are in production phase?
Qwerty OH is one of the most overwhelmingly requested OH's, so surely they've already though of it.
(Then again, if the implementation they've devised doesn't necessary need it, then they may not have)

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Is this something we should be pressing with them "now", or is it too late given where they are in production phase?
I would guess that it's too late. But certainly it would be nice to get a verification whether or not it is there.

The Following User Says Thank You to kulve For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
The design for the top-side of the pcb is done! Not the most beautiful of designs, but this wil totally work. Also, my pcb-boards and pcb-drills came in today.

Printed the design on some glossy paper (mirrored!)

Last edited by dirkvl; 2013-10-08 at 15:17.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
Looks nice! But runs on max 3 volts... (and is ordered in multiples of 1500).
I don't think that operating voltate is an issue. Simple voltage regulator will drop the voltage to the needed level. I presume those circuits don't require much power, so simple linear regulator will do. It requires 3-4 components which cost around 1$ total.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TemeV For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by TemeV View Post
I don't think that operating voltate is an issue. Simple voltage regulator will drop the voltage to the needed level. I presume those circuits don't require much power, so simple linear regulator will do. It requires 3-4 components which cost around 1$ total.
Okay awesome, can you order 1500?

The Following User Says Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
The design for the top-side of the pcb is done! Not the most beautiful of designs, but this wil totally work. Also, my pcb-boards and pcb-drills came in today.

http://i41.tinypic.com/358tgdj.jpg
Why bother drawing the PCB on paper. There is software available for that. Designing the PCB starts from drawing the schematic. I have used only commercial PCB design software, but I've heard that Kicad which was mentioned earlier is good open source alternative.

I'd recommend using one of those i2c qwerty keypad controllers. For example that ADP5588 seems nice. Though it has a nasty package for hand soldering. But it isn't impossible, I have soldered one of those with a hot air gun. It seems to be available e.g. in mouser.

The Following User Says Thank You to TemeV For This Useful Post:
The design for the top-side of the pcb is done!
Do you have the keyboard (the buttons etc.) that goes with that design? Because I haven't yet figured out a good way of doing it..

Originally Posted by kulve View Post
Do you have the keyboard (the buttons etc.) that goes with that design? Because I haven't yet figured out a good way of doing it..
for now I am using the keys of my old N900 (see my first post!)

for now I am using the keys of my old N900 (see my first post!)
I googled a bit and those (some no-brand clones?) seem to be still available from china quite cheaply. Might not be a bad idea to use something like that instead of trying to do that part DIY-style.

Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Okay awesome, can you order 1500?
You don't need to order 1500 of those (if it's ok to pay a bit more per piece).
Check e.g. Digikeys, you can order a 'Digi-Reel' (which is a piece of the 1500 reel) of ADP5588 of any size, or you can buy a single sample.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to minimos For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
keyboard, limited-edition, otherhalf, qwerty