Posts: 217 | Thanked: 89 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Indonesia, Banyuwangi
Woooo... I really really really interested...
But I dont know anithing about porting
Can some one port thiz with dark theme

Copernicus, what do we do nao :c?

Posts: 1,023 | Thanked: 4,421 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Argentina
I'm playing with api right now.
Is it me or it doesn't let you get your anime list?
How can I edit an item if I doesn't have it?
CallBlocker for Harmattan

Support my work:
Paypal / Bitcoin

The Following User Says Thank You to CepiPerez For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by Nijihana View Post
Copernicus, what do we do nao :c?
Hmm. Perhaps it would be better to step back a bit and consider what we are looking for. There are many resources available on the net, and many types of apps have already been written. So, I think we should ask, just what features are we looking for?

Simply retrieving summaries of anime from ANN or Wikipedia looks like a fairly trivial task. (And, in fact, it appears that this is exactly what MAL does for their anime summaries...) Other features would require a bit more effort.

A few items to consider:
  • Streaming Anime: the care and management of copyrighted material really requires close cooperation with the copyright holders; I kind of doubt we'd be able to generate enough revenue to get their attention. At least, I'm not personally knowledgeable enough to know what it would take to get a streaming service like Crunchyroll set up on a new platform. (And I can imagine it would take a lot more work than I can currently devote to such a project...)
  • Social Interaction: Sites like MAL are designed to get fans to chat with one another about their favorite subject. It isn't hard at all to create an app to access such a site, assuming that the site owner is agreeable to doing so. The downside, in my opinion, is that you are now limiting yourself to the whims of that one particular site. However, if it is a service that you crave, it isn't impossible to create an app dedicated to a particular site (as shown by the hoard of MAL apps available). I suppose it would also be possible to implement social interaction in a broader manner, perhaps through some Facebook / Twitter / etc. mechanism.
  • List Management: If you're just interested in managing your own personal lists or rankings of anime, that's quite easy. You really don't need to rely on someone else's server for that kind of thing.

I guess what I'm getting at here is, the more directly that an app is tied to a particular online service, the harder it will likely be to get the app up and running. A feature set that is more independent will be much easier to implement...

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by CepiPerez View Post
Yeah, exactly. The official MAL API is incomplete. I've been looking at the source for a couple of other MAL apps, and it looks like they've taken to scraping the actual HTML pages to retrieve their data.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,023 | Thanked: 4,421 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Argentina
Oh it's a ****. Ok I'll check what can I do
CallBlocker for Harmattan

Support my work:
Paypal / Bitcoin

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CepiPerez For This Useful Post:
This! D:
www.hummingbird.me ~

The Following User Says Thank You to Nijihana For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Hmm. Perhaps it would be better to step back a bit and consider what we are looking for. There are many resources available on the net, and many types of apps have already been written. So, I think we should ask, just what features are we looking for?

Simply retrieving summaries of anime from ANN or Wikipedia looks like a fairly trivial task. (And, in fact, it appears that this is exactly what MAL does for their anime summaries...) Other features would require a bit more effort.

A few items to consider:
  • Streaming Anime: the care and management of copyrighted material really requires close cooperation with the copyright holders; I kind of doubt we'd be able to generate enough revenue to get their attention. At least, I'm not personally knowledgeable enough to know what it would take to get a streaming service like Crunchyroll set up on a new platform. (And I can imagine it would take a lot more work than I can currently devote to such a project...)
  • Social Interaction: Sites like MAL are designed to get fans to chat with one another about their favorite subject. It isn't hard at all to create an app to access such a site, assuming that the site owner is agreeable to doing so. The downside, in my opinion, is that you are now limiting yourself to the whims of that one particular site. However, if it is a service that you crave, it isn't impossible to create an app dedicated to a particular site (as shown by the hoard of MAL apps available). I suppose it would also be possible to implement social interaction in a broader manner, perhaps through some Facebook / Twitter / etc. mechanism.
  • List Management: If you're just interested in managing your own personal lists or rankings of anime, that's quite easy. You really don't need to rely on someone else's server for that kind of thing.

I guess what I'm getting at here is, the more directly that an app is tied to a particular online service, the harder it will likely be to get the app up and running. A feature set that is more independent will be much easier to implement...

How to say this
it's not just about the list, i think. ~
:v i'm lost for words, but i want the capabilities of hummingbird/MyAnimeList in an app, on meego.

Originally Posted by CepiPerez View Post
I think you're supposed to have it ~ i think.

As i'm a big anime fan i would be extremely interested in this too.Though you can watch from the browser pretty well it's impossible to track down the watched episodes.An app would be just WoW

)0@1:0
Thanks for even taking this in consideration

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to breakpointz For This Useful Post:

Tags
malonline, meego, port to meego