If you make the entries recur it doesn't matter how far ahead they are. :-)

I noticed that my nephew's birthday was still there for November 2012, 2013 and 2014 (haven't checked later). All the other birthdays are still there as well

I wanted to make entries for a trip I'm going on in October and of course they didn't show up .

Once edited in Google calendar to make then recur in 2013 the entries popped up in the N9 calendar and they're still there (changed the interval though to 5 years to keep the calendar clean)

Not elegant but it seems to work (with PR1.3 at least)

UPDATE: the October entries survived a restart so it seems to be reliable enough

Last edited by WhitP; 2012-07-19 at 13:30. Reason: update

Dear Thread Starter, I wonder if you calendar db in the phone was corrupted? You can either edit it or just delete the db, reboot and let the phone create a new one. Please refer to the link below in how to access the db file in .calendar folder

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ghlight=caldav

The Following User Says Thank You to kai_en For This Useful Post:
I didn't start the thread but I can say that I get the same behaviour with 2 N9s, one of them pretty much pristine as it's my spare and never used in anger.

Someone in another thread I believe checked their db file and the entries missing in the calendar were in the database

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by dirtymoon View Post
Hi, any help would be appreciated before I launch my phone.
It probably won't be be fixed....
But at least make sure everything in this thread is reported & under the devs noses, see here:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...17#post1240117
At least there's that workaround WhitP found, but it is unfortunate we have to do that.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-07-20 at 07:56.

Thanks for everyone's help

The work around isn't that feesable for me because some entries are synced from my wife's lumia which doesn't have the repeat option.

i'd like to try deleting the calendar.db file because it's strange that i can't even see my personal entries and i havent heard of anyone else with the same problem. However, i'm strggling to delete the file. I can connect through winscp but cant gain root. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by dirtymoon View Post
i'd like to try deleting the calendar.db file because it's strange that i can't even see my personal entries and i havent heard of anyone else with the same problem. However, i'm strggling to delete the file. I can connect through winscp but cant gain root. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance.
Deleting ~/.calendar/db will not help you in any way.
All calendar items (besides birthdays) are only visible up to 2 month in the future!

There are other threads talking about the same issue.... e.g. http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...68&postcount=5

It doesn't matter if you synchronise your phone or create an item in your personal n9 calendar itself. You will only see events up to 2 month in the future. Some times you can see events in the future (e.g. directly after such an event was created) but after rebooting the phone, these events will be invisible again.

You can use a sqliteviewer and open your db file. You'll see that all your future events are still there, but you cannot see them in your n9 calendar. I was facing this issue already with PR1.2, but didn't really understand why some events were missing (most of my events are happening in the near future).

Anyway... if you still want to delete your db file, you'll have to use the build-in terminal or ssh and invoke develsh to gain the needed privileges.

... and the reason birthdays are visible is that they recur every year

I'm a bit surprised the Lumia doesn't have a repeat option - how does it deal with birthdays?

Entering directly on the N9 the maximum interval is 1 year but if you use Google calendar to add/edit them you can make it longer if you want.

It's seriously irritating to have to use a workaround like this on something so basic but it does work - honest!

First time I noticed this bug so I guess it came up with pr1.3. Realy frustrating because this makes my n9 not usable as primary device...

Hi,

I've found a workaround for this issue. It looks like it's a bug. Details as follow.

Issue/Symptom: When using CalDAV to sync with Google calendars, non-repeating entries that are about 2 months into the future do not appear.

Workaround: It looks like there is an issue with the native Personal calendar. To make all entries in your calendars to appear, do the following (all from within Calendar):
1) Open up Calendar.
2) Go to Options > Manage calendars.
3) Ensure 'Show this calendar and reminders' option is selected for the calendars you want displayed including Personal (even if it's empty). At this stage, the bug is still active.
4) Tap Personal calendar and tap Save. Next, open EACH of the enabled CalDAV calendars and click CANCEL. Do NOT view your calendar until you have done this for all the enabled calendars.
5) Once this is complete, then it is safe to view your calendar.

Note that it is crucial at Step 4 that you do not view the calendar until you:
1) Tap Save for Personal calendar.
2) Tap Cancel for all the other calendars.
If you do, you will need to start Step 4 all over again.

Note when the bug reoccurs, just perform Step 4 again.

Hope that helps everyone. Feel free to improve the above steps if needed.

Cheers,
~wonger

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to wonger For This Useful Post:
Wonger, thanks for this workaround. This really works... at least until you restart your phone. Then you'll have to do the mentioned steps again.

Unfortunately this workaround doesn't solve the issue that events in the past are not synced.