Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Dear Maemo enthusiasts.

In the upcoming weeks I'm moving to Dublin (Ireland). As you know, starting a new job, finding a new home, reallocating the family, paperwork,... this all will require a lot of time and I won't even have Internet connection for a while.

In order to avoid additional delays or blocking situations with Council and Board activities, I think that it's in best interest of the community to step down from my position, and allow others to continue the amazing work that we have been doing during the last months.

There's still a lot to do but I have absolute confidence in current Council and Board. I want to thank to all of them and also to so many community members that have helped in the transition during the last months. I hope that once I have normalised my situation, I might be able to contribute again.

Regards

The Following 38 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Dublin? Are you crazy?

Thank you and good luck!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
We'll miss you

Good luck and all the best in your new beginning.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Good luck ivgalvez and also best wishes for a new beginning.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
All the best and good luck for new job and moving and all!
We'll miss you, and I'm sure I can speak in name of whole council and community when I say
Thank you very much for your invaluable contribution and dedication, and for your reasonable words at right time!
We'll all miss you, come back as soon as possible please!

cheers
jOERG

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
All the best and good luck for new job and moving and all!
We'll miss you, and I'm sure I can speak in name of whole council and community when I say
Thank you very much for your invaluable contribution and dedication, and for your reasonable words at right time!
We'll all miss you, come back as soon as possible please!

cheers
jOERG
Atleast for me

Ivgalvez, thanks for what you did for the community and best wishes for your new beginning in dublin.
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

The Following User Says Thank You to mr_pingu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Assuming that the Hildon Foundation's website was up to date prior to this announcement, we may be heading for a problem. The website lists the Board of Directors as

Chairman: Tim Samoff (timsamoff)
Member:Iván Gálvez Junquera (ivgalvez)
Secretary:Rob Bauer (SD69)

with a support staff:
Treasurer: Cosimo Kroll (zehjotkah)

If zehjotkah is counted as a Director then there are no problems, however if that is not the case, then I urge ivgalvez to hold fire on his resignation until the board appoint another Director, otherwise an election may be triggered as per Section 4, paragraph 6 of the BYLAWS OF THE HILDON FOUNDATION. (See quote below).

As there are still issues to address regarding the calculation of Karma, and the Voting infrastructure, it could be a while before another election could be called, not to mention the difficulties this could cause to the maemo.org transition.

IV.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The Foundation shall be governed and managed by a Board of Directors (“Board”), which shall have
the powers and authorities expressly conferred upon them by these Bylaws as well as any other
power or authority provided or permitted under the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania to Directors of Pennsylvania non-profit corporations acting as a Board. There shall be no less than three
(3), nor no more than seven (7), Directors, each of which shall be a natural person at least 21 years of
age.
Each Director shall serve for a term of one year, and shall not be replaced before the end of their
term except if they vacate the position or are expelled from the position. Any Director may vacate
their position by notifying the Board in writing of their intention to do so.

The Board of Directors may declare vacant the office of a Director if he or she is declared officially
and permanently deceased by a court of law or medical doctor, or of unsound mind by a court of law,
or is convicted of a felony crime by order of court, or fails to attend two consecutive meetings of the
Board, unless their absence is approved in advance by a majority of the remaining Directors.

Any vacancy may be filled by a successor chosen by a majority of the remaining Directors, who shall
hold office for the unexpired term in respect of which such vacancy occurred.

If a Director or Officer serving the Board is found to have misrepresented the Board or the
Foundation, or to have spoken against or taken action against the Board, the Foundation or its
Mission, the Board may expel said Director from office with a two thirds (2/3) majority vote.
Expelled positions shall not be considered vacant for purposes of re-appointment by the Board.

In the event that any Director or Officer serving the Board faces bankruptcy proceedings or criminal
prosecution, excepting petty traffic or misdemeanor charges, he/she must disclose this to the Board
within seven (7) days of being informed of such proceedings. Failure to do so shall constitute a
breach of conduct, requiring a two thirds (2/3) vote in the affirmative by the Board to prevent
expulsion of the Director or Officer from their position.

If at any point more than one Director is expelled during a single term, or fewer than three (3)
Director positions are occupied (not vacant or expulsed), a new election cycle shall be required to be
announced and will commence immediately upon the triggering vacancy or expulsion.

The Foundation shall keep an original or a duplicate Board register, giving the names of the
Directors, showing their respective addresses, and their terms of service. A Director shall receive no
compensation for their services as a Director, but they may receive reasonable compensation for
other services rendered on behalf of the Foundation or for other expenses incurred as authorized by the Board or the Treasurer.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Thanks to ivgalvez for his (hopefully continued) contributions. But of course his reasons are fully understood and accepted.

But the arguments of mrsellout are also evident.
So what to do?
Possibly to nominate another director?

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by mrsellout View Post
Assuming that the Hildon Foundation's website was up to date prior to this announcement, we may be heading for a problem. The website lists the Board of Directors as

Chairman: Tim Samoff (timsamoff)
Member:Iván Gálvez Junquera (ivgalvez)
Secretary:Rob Bauer (SD69)

with a support staff:
Treasurer: Cosimo Kroll (zehjotkah)

If zehjotkah is counted as a Director then there are no problems, however if that is not the case, then I urge ivgalvez to hold fire on his resignation until the board appoint another Director, otherwise an election may be triggered as per Section 4, paragraph 6 of the BYLAWS OF THE HILDON FOUNDATION. (See quote below).

As there are still issues to address regarding the calculation of Karma, and the Voting infrastructure, it could be a while before another election could be called, not to mention the difficulties this could cause to the maemo.org transition.
Very good point. I guess we can hold the resignation until someone else is appointed to substitute me, I only hope that being absent won't block any important decision.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Sorry to read you are stepping down ivgalvez, but thank you for all your hard work and efforts.

Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
In the upcoming weeks I'm moving to Dublin (Ireland). As you know, starting a new job, finding a new home, reallocating the family, paperwork,... this all will require a lot of time and I won't even have Internet connection for a while.
You'll find Dublin is a lot colder than Madrid

If you ever travel up north to Northern Ireland let me know, I'll buy you a drink.

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post: