Originally Posted by Addison View Post
So what's the cheapest battery out there for my N800, Ima?
Honestly, I don't know. I was going to say that even the official one directly from Nokia isn't that expensive, but then noticed the pricing on your side of the pond. Wow, that sucks! :-(

Amazon.com seem to have several genuine ones for $16.69 though.

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Yikes. Sucks it about right! *lol*

Thanks for the suggestion and links!

I super appreciate it!

Posts: 166 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Hampshire, UK
I just got one of these clicky.

Its refurbished so was a bit worried but its turned out to be a very good buy, my N800 is like new again.

And at £4.90 a bargin.

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Boone, IA
I just bought a new battery for my N800 from Mugen Power. IIRC it was ~$30US. My old original battery would only last about 2hrs from a full charge so with the new one lasting over 8hrs, I am a happy camper.

N800 (retired...soon to eBay)
Favorite Apps: CommunitySSU,DiabloTurbo, Flipclock, Keepnote, Dialcentral, Gizmo5 ,MediaBox/pyFMradio, Telescope,Diablo5 theme, Tear, Personal Menu/Launcher, OMWeather,Blubbels, Advanced Power/Backlight...now to play with Garnet6...

Posts: 131 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Spain
30$ is too much when you can buy a 2nd hand N800 for a bit more of money

I bought in the past very good batteries for N73 for 6 or 7 $, originals in theory and with the same duration than original.
Why are so expensive the N800 batteries? I am thinking in try nokia batteries for other phones...

Originally Posted by Snoshrk View Post
I just bought a new battery for my N800 from Mugen Power. IIRC it was ~$30US. My old original battery would only last about 2hrs from a full charge so with the new one lasting over 8hrs, I am a happy camper.

Few days ago there was a post where batteries were tested

shnigi I can find this post.
new info about buy a new battery?

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ near Memphis, TN USA
A few days ago, after an overnite full-charge, my original N800 battery began complaining for a recharge after only a few of hours off the charger. It was idle, the display dimmed, & the screen/keys locked. I re-tried a couple of times, & another charger, & got the same results.

So I bought the Nokia battery on Amazon from CCMAccessories for $16.69. It was listed as new, and came in an official looking Nokia blister pack. The battery itself looks official, Li-Polymer, BP-5L, 3.7v, has the Nokia logo hologram sticker, etc.

After an overnight full-charge, I'm getting the same results as with my original battery. I have two Nokia 5v chargers. Same results.

Any ideas?

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
The "charger" that plugs into the device is really just a 5V power supply, the charging circuit actually being inside the device, so just maybe using an external charger will work, not sure that is the problem though.

The new battery is as heavy as the original one?
The crap/scam batteries are very light.

The issue the batteries is too common, and if your battery is a proper one, the problem could be other,...

Nokia should offer us official support in this issue, because maybe the batteries are failing as a result of software problems..there are too many people in the same situation..

Originally Posted by moja View Post
A few days ago, after an overnite full-charge, my original N800 battery began complaining for a recharge after only a few of hours off the charger. It was idle, the display dimmed, & the screen/keys locked. I re-tried a couple of times, & another charger, & got the same results.

So I bought the Nokia battery on Amazon from CCMAccessories for $16.69. It was listed as new, and came in an official looking Nokia blister pack. The battery itself looks official, Li-Polymer, BP-5L, 3.7v, has the Nokia logo hologram sticker, etc.

After an overnight full-charge, I'm getting the same results as with my original battery. I have two Nokia 5v chargers. Same results.

Any ideas?