Active Topics

...here is one,

give me some more jolla stickers, and i will take them with me, attached on my car bumpers, while travelling through middle- and southamerica, making publicity for our movement.

no, i'm just kidding. but would be great if i could get another couple of stickers. also if i can realise that trip one day, of course.

Posts: 423 | Thanked: 478 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ Netherlands
Well, I appreciate your contest but I was really after getting a couple of stickers, not just two. Maybe like 5 or so. But that doesn't seem possible, unfortunately.

I like sticking stickers on things.

There's my entry.

The Following User Says Thank You to From Vertu with Love For This Useful Post:
The reason I want a couple of stickers is because I'm anticipating giving a few simple Jolla docks away which I'll create myself. I already made one for myself and am pretty satisified with the end result. It's not professional quality, of course, (I am but a 'normal' 22 year old guy after all!) but it's a simple thing that does its job well and I'm sure there are some people who are interested in such a simple thing.. I'm no designer or anything so I'm not too good with producing stickers/logos myself, which is why those Jolla stickers come in handy; 1 per dock is what I need. Of course, if one knows a better way of achieving the same result w/o requiring me to learn pro stuff, then I'm game as well.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vistaus For This Useful Post:
I no longer want the stickers ��

The Following User Says Thank You to From Vertu with Love For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Sadly, it can only be used to hide posts from ignored members. It does not stop Active Topics updating, only to find that the thread was only updated with a post from an ignored member that I cannot see anyway. Quite sucks, actually. Another thing I really miss is ignoring a thread, not just a member. An ignored thread should not show in Active Topics or New Posts.

To get back to the topic, I have had no submissions yet. It looks like no one wants free Jolla stickers after all. C'ome on, less than 30 hours left!
Maybe if so many people posting here are problematic for you, you can just stop reading forum and it would resolve the unpleasant feeling you get spending time here.

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by vistaus View Post
The reason I want a couple of stickers is because I'm anticipating giving a few simple Jolla docks away which I'll create myself. I already made one for myself and am pretty satisified with the end result. It's not professional quality, of course, (I am but a 'normal' 22 year old guy after all!) but it's a simple thing that does its job well and I'm sure there are some people who are interested in such a simple thing.. I'm no designer or anything so I'm not too good with producing stickers/logos myself, which is why those Jolla stickers come in handy; 1 per dock is what I need. Of course, if one knows a better way of achieving the same result w/o requiring me to learn pro stuff, then I'm game as well.
Maybe you should open thread like "DIY HowTo Jolla Dock" and while you can as well as get paid for job (more people may want it), also help from other people (including designers) with own design/stickers to contribute you.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
Maybe if so many people posting here are problematic for you, you can just stop reading forum and it would resolve the unpleasant feeling you get spending time here.
Maybe you can try reading my post again. I do not want to "ignore" people. That was the whole point. OTOH, hiding threads about topics I am not interested in may stop the interesting ones scrolling off the screen.

@vistaus, your reason for getting the stickers is the best I can think of. I am tempted to cut the competition short and declare you a winner but that may happen anyway due to a lack of competition.

However, I believe your best option if you want a lot of stickers would be to print your own. Make a sheet of Jolla logos in Word and print it on a sheet of self-adhesive paper, then cut it out. A laser printer works the best, if you have an access to one. You may need to clear it with Jolla though as it may fall under a copyright protection.

Last edited by pichlo; 2014-11-09 at 21:28. Reason: self-adhere -> self-adhesive (damn auto-word-fill!)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
Maybe you should open thread like "DIY HowTo Jolla Dock" and while you can as well as get paid for job (more people may want it), also help from other people (including designers) with own design/stickers to contribute you.
But I said "giving away". I'm not intending to let anyone pay for what I create. I don't need the money, I just want to make people happy, even though I'm no professional designer/creator. So I'll be handing them out for free once I'm satisfied with the end result. I'll open up a thread soon.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vistaus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Maybe you can try reading my post again. I do not want to "ignore" people. That was the whole point. OTOH, hiding threads about topics I am not interested in may stop the interesting ones scrolling off the screen.

@vistaus, your reason for getting the stickers is the best I can think of. I am tempted to cut the competition short and declare you a winner but that may happen anyway due to a lack of competition.

However, I believe your best option if you want a lot of stickers would be to print your own. Make a sheet of Jolla logos in Word and print it on a sheet of self-adhere paper, then cut it out. A laser printer works the best, if you have an access to one. You may need to clear it with Jolla though as it may fall under a copyright protection.
Hmm, what you suggest might work. Maybe even better than those pre-made stickers. I don't have a laser printer though but do have an HP Photosmart printer so at least the prints will look good still. Thanks for the suggestion!

The Following User Says Thank You to vistaus For This Useful Post: