Notices

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Seems that with latest upstream release 0.6.2826-maemo-1 previously saved games cannot be loaded and the game closes unexpectedly. Maybe an upstream change and thus, a won't fix.

Starting new games seems to work fine.

The Following User Says Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Posts: 470 | Thanked: 399 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Croatia
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
Seems that with latest upstream release 0.6.2826-maemo-1 previously saved games cannot be loaded and the game closes unexpectedly. Maybe an upstream change and thus, a won't fix.

Starting new games seems to work fine.
when you try loading an old save fheroes usually tell you what is the oldest svn that it can load saves from

Apart from the inability to load saved games with previous version, if you start a new game, all saves have a file size of 0 bytes. They are completely empty, even autosave file, so it's not possible to save any game at all.

Besides, in battle, moving the cursor to attack an enemy seems more difficult than in previous version (keeping same config with PocketPC mode ON). The sword icon that appears after moving over an enemy is not clickable, you need to move the cursor over the enemy and drop the stylus right after the first appearance of the sword icon.

There seems to be a bug in the code. I uploaded the newest version of fheroes2 (2840). You can also check your folder rights

ls -la ~/.fheroes2/save
I can save and load using version 2840.

Last edited by HolgerN; 2012-04-13 at 17:50.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HolgerN For This Useful Post:
It wasn't a permissions issue, apparently something went wrong in one of the upgrades and everything was messy, including the config files.

Anyway, I made a clean install and everything works fine again.

Would you push version 0.6.2840-maemo-1 to Testing? As it's the one I have tested most, I could vote for it and promote it to Extras.

I pushed 0.6.2840-maemo-1 to extras-testing.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HolgerN For This Useful Post:
Posts: 311 | Thanked: 376 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Hungary
For some reason this version does not work too well for me. I cannot "peek" into opposing armies of castles, On my n810 hover over an enemy force works just fine. In the latest version the sound also stopped working. The battle screen is also better on the N810 version, it is easy to move instead of attack, I've lost more than one battle because of this. Splitting forces is also buggy, sometimes the slip windows appears beneath the hero's wondow, so I cannot see or access it. Also a mayor bug in buying, it always calculates more as possible maximum than the actual, like I have 4500 gold and want to buy green dragons, 3000 each, it displays 2 as possible even thou I only have enough gold for one. This is the case with every thing. Honestly, the N810 port is way ahead in terms of usability.

Works fine on the N900.

I uploaded a new version r2930 of fheroes2. This version contains a lot of bug fixes.

List of Bugfixes

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HolgerN For This Useful Post:

Tags
fheroes2, homm2