Posts: 60 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Michigan, USA
Another thing I thought that might have been an ID 10 T error, but I know it's not, is that the Camera app reverts storing pictures from device storage to my memory card where I'd set it up a long time ago when I first got my N900. Since then I've had about 5 reflashes and had it set to go back to internal storage.

The only thing I can think of, is it happens after a reflash to the external storage of the device (memory card) instead of the internal storage. Looking at the picture dates it looks like that's exactly what happens, the camera app defaults back to external storage for pictures instead of internal....

Why would it do that? 32GB on the internal device is still MUCH larger than any MicroSD cards you can get, and you can always copy them if you need to use them...it's a bit irritating to have it revert to the external storage instead of internal.

Can anyone else confirm, or know of a bug report?

I have had the same problem since purchase in Jan 2010. Seems to be random and not linked to updates. Slightly annoying, but can work around it. Would be good to have a fix. Haven't searched for bug report.

Same problem here - keeps setting back the location to MMC after rebooting.

I don't have the problem after reboots, but it seems to only be after firmware updates...though I have had it happen a few times before seemingly random...but not for quite a while.

Posts: 424 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
It always reverts after reboot.

It never reverts after a reboot for me. Ever.

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
This is probably Bug 8640, which seems to be linked to inserting/removing a USB data cable. Although the bug is closed as a WONTFIX, is still won't hurt to "vote" for the bug via that link (but don't add "me too"-style comments, as bugs.maemo.org isn't a discussion forum).

That's probably the exact issue pelago...sad that it's a won't-fix though...it should be persistent in your settings...

My workaround is to leave the memory card out
Not too much of a problem for me since I only have a 4GB card.

But I would rather use MMC for music... just gotta live with it I guess.

(unless there is some sort of script that can be run at boot time to change the option back......?)