Nokia's site is so slow that the downloads always time out before they are finished. I'm using a downloader which seems to get about 95% of it, then it times out and the downloader replaces the file with the html of the "login" web page. AHHH!

Why do they bother restricting the download of these files? The source code for these binaries is available, so no proprietary secrets eh? Who'd want to download these long binaries EXCEPT a legit customer?

Are there any mirrors?
I'd love to find a copy of the most recent OS2007

RX-34_2007SE_4.2007.38-2_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin

Any one have one on a server that isn't overwhlemed?

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
There's plenty of proprietary secrets in the firmware unfotunately. And Nokia's first responsibility is to their lawyers and not their customers (or so it seems).

The Nokia download servers have been OK for a week or so now - I downloaded a firmware in the last few days without any problems (Firefox 2 on XP). What application is this "downloader"? Is it a browser? If so, try a different browser - Firefox works for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to Milhouse For This Useful Post:
Posts: 242 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ USA & BharatVarsh ( INDIA - Kerala ).
The download of the Flash Files have always been about OK. As far as
I know, I don't think that Nokia restricts the download of Flash Update Files.

The simple logic for saying this is that if they were to restrict it then it would mean that they do not want people to update their IT Devices. Surely Nokia would not think about cutting off the hand that feeds them.

It is a possibility that the use of any other 3rd party down loader accelerator to download the 80+ Mb Flash files simply overwhelms the down loader.

Name:  post_thanks.gif
Views: 292
Size:  359 Bytes

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by Arjun View Post
Attachment 804
Is it just me, or does that look like Thanks-whoring?

Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
There's plenty of proprietary secrets in the firmware unfotunately. And Nokia's first responsibility is to their lawyers and not their customers (or so it seems).

The Nokia download servers have been OK for a week or so now - I downloaded a firmware in the last few days without any problems (Firefox 2 on XP). What application is this "downloader"? Is it a browser? If so, try a different browser - Firefox works for me.
I was using Firefox 2 on Vista, but never succeeded after about seven tries.. Then I tried "Free downloader" which looked good, but it would fail right at the end. I found this strange as it works for just about everything else. I finally got a good image by using Firefox with the IE tab.

Isn't Maemo 100% Open Source?

Thanks for your reply.