Hi all,

Proud new owner of a N900, very impressed with the handset and looking to do more! However I was disappointed with one limitation I may have discovered.. I've been attempting to download a 1.3GB zip using Microb and Firefox for the last couple days and each time I try, the resulting file is 1.01GB only and fails to open with the zip application built in. I am trying to determine if this is a limitation of the filesystem or the browser I am using? Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Alex

Couple of days? Uh, there are other options, like wget, or download it to a desktop machine and then scp it across.

Thanks, I'll look at wget

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
filesize not matching with downloaded file and source url is pretty strong indication for download not being succesfull
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
I just downloaded a 1.4GB file without any problems.

EDIT: And I downloaded a 1.8GB file without any problems.

Last edited by kureyon; 2010-12-06 at 17:54.

Posts: 309 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Malaysia
connection problem?try changing your power-saving mode to "off"

Posts: 124 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gaffney, South Carolina, USA
wget from a wifi connection, you may only have about 1gb of space left in the home directory where the browsers temp files are stored, which the file would be in till completed. I would see if you could wget the file to a folder in the MyDocs from the terminal.

My god, I love my N900 so much. We are complaining because we can only get standard definition of our favorite movies to download at great speed instead of 720p!

Posts: 124 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gaffney, South Carolina, USA
I love the device, and for me the playbacks been wonderful. Felt it may help to rememeber that the microb behaves along the same lines as a normal web browser [blessing and curse]. In so doing it saves files first to tmp as it downloads then moves them to destination on completion. I would be suprised if it could sustain downloads bigger than 1.6gb in size. But I am still learning new things all the time with the device

Thanks all for replies.. I actually tried to download the same file on my PC (1.4GB of music purchased at 7digital.com)... and reproduced the issue... incredibly it looks like the website was at fault all along!!! Had to use their poxy download manager app on Adobe AIR instead.

Alex