Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
https://igurublog.wordpress.com/2012...ing-in-threes/

Oh my what a load of crap... two things come to mind again:

"Features confuse users and must be exterminated for us to enter UI Heaven." (IIRC i read this on /.)

"The Microsoft way is the only way possible."

Also, i chuckled at my discovery of a guy named André Klapper mentioned in the article...

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
The following is so apt:

In the rush for Linux to become ‘popular’ and ‘make it into the desktop market’, maybe there is an unintended consequence. Not only are Windows users moving to Linux, but Windows devs seem to be arriving as well, bringing their diseases with them – corporate ‘kill off the competition’ mentalities that don’t serve Linux, merely exploit it.

Sigh another frontier under attack

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
I've been seeing this development but I had no idea that the GNOME developers actually think like this Allan Day guy.
And this brand talk is really silly in this context.

For example, I was not happy with the Unity desktop when it came as the new alternative to Ubuntu, and actually used quite long time the old UI. I don't really get this trend of making desktop 'look like a handheld device' as the functionality does not get any better this way.

Now in the newer releases it is not any more so easy to enable the old desktop look, it's not even in default repositories any longer but rather you have to add mate ppa and install it from there

It used to be so that GNOME was the free alternative to the evil KDE (which I never liked, really) but it has turned sour lately.

Last edited by juiceme; 2012-11-09 at 08:25. Reason: typoes

It's called fanboyism. The "success" is measured in market share, stock prices, web site hits and so on. Jolla got this sickness as well, as do just about every single dude on this board.

Originally Posted by specc View Post
It's called fanboyism. The "success" is measured in market share, stock prices, web site hits and so on. Jolla got this sickness as well, as do just about every single dude on this board.
Do you know what you are talking about...

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Apparently not, but that seesms to be typical.

specc, I hardly can relate that to 'fanboysm' as that was a quote from gnome developers talking about their view of GDK/Gnome.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
Also, i chuckled at my discovery of a guy named André Klapper mentioned in the article...
http://maemo.org/profile/view/andre/

My website

GitHub

specc seems to resemble abill_uk as time passes with his inconsistency and frankly head-banging on wall kind of statements

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Andre Klapper was involved with gnome afaik....

He is still around these parts. I know he's not with Nokia last I heard.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
specc seems to resemble abill_uk as time passes with his inconsistency and frankly head-banging on wall kind of statements
I have been very consistent. A fanboy is a fanboy, if he is red or white doesn't matter. Not all Linux geeks are fanboys, but then again not all android users are fanboys or WP users. I can smell fanboyism coming from this or that direction, and there is nowhere to hide

Tags
microsoft dies.