Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
right...it into 2g when make call..

Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
I got a bit over-excited when I read this:
Originally Posted by 1.0.7.16 changelog
[BUG] Media player stops playback when jumping to next or previous song"
...and thought that gapless playback had arrived, but I tested and of course it hasn't. I guess I saw what I wanted to see. Fingers crossed for the future.

Also, I noticed that the Media player seemed to re-index all of my music post-update, so that for perhaps a minute it was totally unusable (and blank) but that resolved itself.

Last edited by shallimus; 2014-06-10 at 21:13.

Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
right...it into 2g when make call..
Argh! This is quite correct. As previously mentioned, I am in an area where 3G frequency is not compatible with Jolla radio hardware, but 2G and LTE signal is.

I just made a call, which took a while to connect, and this time while I was on the call I looked at the network status icon, and it said '2G'.

So the switch from LTE to 2G when making a call is now automatic, but they still cannot co-exist, and I suppose I cannot receive phone calls still unless the phone is still in 2G. That's why I thought I could receive calls properly earlier. Bah.

Is this is a problem with the LTE vs. 2G spec, or could something perhaps be done in software? (i.e. be online in 2G as well as LTE) I realise it would probably cause battery drain.

Edit: I submitted this to Jolla: https://together.jolla.com/question/...ot-accessible/.

Last edited by shallimus; 2014-06-10 at 21:14.

this update broke my terminal,

Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by eerde View Post
Do you have a source ?
Bernd Wachter, who is an engineer at Jolla, in https://together.jolla.com/question/...0716-saapunki/ under the name Aard

Originally Posted by shallimus View Post
Argh! This is quite correct. As previously mentioned, I am in an area where 3G frequency is not compatible with Jolla radio hardware, but 2G and LTE signal is.

I just made a call, which took a while to connect, and this time while I was on the call I looked at the network status icon, and it said '2G'.

So the switch from LTE to 2G when making a call is now automatic, but they still cannot co-exist, and I suppose I cannot receive phone calls still unless the phone is still in 2G. That's why I thought I could receive calls properly earlier. Bah.

Is this is a problem with the LTE vs. 2G spec, or could something perhaps be done in software? (i.e. be online in 2G as well as LTE) I realise it would probably cause battery drain.

Edit: I submitted this to Jolla: https://together.jolla.com/question/...ot-accessible/.
Thanks ! to confirm it ! But In the true life, with an other phone like galaxy S5 or other nexus 5 how does it work ?
Cause for now, with the jolla device, I found the usage of 4g not really usefull ...

for me.. my phone picks up 4G (Australia) however it wont connect to the internet.. it keeps saying it has a problem connecting to the internet.

but if I change my settings to use 3G, my internet works fine...

so at the moment im having to still revert to using 3G network...

is this happening with anyone else? anyone know how to fix it?

Originally Posted by toki View Post
for me.. my phone picks up 4G (Australia) however it wont connect to the internet.. it keeps saying it has a problem connecting to the internet.

Hello ! If you use lte, your apn can be different than the 2g/3g apn. Check your provider settings with lte connection, then go to settings, mobile network, then long press on your internet connection (called by default internet) and edit and change your apn.
Hope this help you !

The Following User Says Thank You to titilambert For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by toki View Post

Virgin uses a different APN for 4G...I'm using 4G in Sydney, no problems

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Netherlands
Hello all.

Seems that after the update mine Other Half ambience doesn't download the pakket from the store anymore. This happen with al mine other halfs. Before the update i reset the mine foon and did a clean install. On the first 2 firmwares the problem is the same i tried it also. Anyone have the same problem or is it just me?

Solved: deleting jolla acount and make it again.

Fall back to 2g and back to 4g works great in netherland.

Last edited by EyeVisions; 2014-06-11 at 08:55.

Tags
party