Posts: 179 | Thanked: 1,679 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Helsinki
In reference to your questions on the expected shipment date of the Nokia N900, let me tell you the latest information from Nokia:

The Nokia N900 is a great example of what we and the open source community have been able to achieve with Maemo software. We are working closely with open source developers and for example, at the Maemo Summit in October, we loaned 300 pre-production units to get more feedback from the community. This feedback is extremely important to us and as such we also want to provide the best user experience with the Nokia N900.

We expect it to start shipping during November 2009.

Peter Schneider
Head of Maemo Marketing
Nokia Corporation

Originally Posted by Peter@Maemo Marketing View Post
In reference to your questions on the expected shipment date of the Nokia N900, let me tell you the latest information from Nokia:

The Nokia N900 is a great example of what we and the open source community have been able to achieve with Maemo software. We are working closely with open source developers and for example, at the Maemo Summit in October, we loaned 300 pre-production units to get more feedback from the community. This feedback is extremely important to us and as such we also want to provide the best user experience with the Nokia N900.

We expect it to start shipping during November 2009.

Peter Schneider
Head of Maemo Marketing
Nokia Corporation
who said it would be october?

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Rome, Italy
"During" is not very reassuring... it can mean anything, even "last week of november"...

Originally Posted by Krosis View Post
"During" is not very reassuring... it can mean anything, even "last week of november"...
You got it They'll want to get the thing out before December though so unless a showstopper issue appears I'd say you could consider end of November as the latest.

Originally Posted by Krosis View Post
could also mean "we say november but we will release it december, maybe it could be 2010"
oh man

one single date and i would be happy

also great for customers...the nokia shops will change the date on 31th of october...i bet

I really hope it is November, if not I will probably loose my reservation because the credit card no. I gave expires on November!!

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ District of Columbia
Originally Posted by mak View Post
who said it would be october?
NokiaUSA.com when we talked both via phone and live chat. First it was the beginning of Oct, then Mid, then end, and now Nov. At least now though we know Nov for sure.

@ sharper:

Nokia needs the phone to be released Q4 to boost profits and quarterly earnings, otherwise stockholders get the diapers in a crunch and start asking if Nokia is taking the correct direction. One quarter of profit loss is understandable but two, no matter what company you are the business plan is called into question.

@ Peter:

Thanks for giving us a release time frame.

-Socrates 469 BC

Last edited by spinnukur; 2009-10-22 at 08:51.

Originally Posted by spinnukur View Post
NokiaUSA.com when we talked both via phone and live chat. First it was the beginning of Oct, then Mid, then end, and now Nov. At least now though we know Nov for sure.

@ Peter:

Thanks for giving as a release time frame.
yes, for sure!!!
i think duke nukem forever will be released earlier

I will keep my preorder, although I'm not very happy about the fact, that the release date was changed 3 times by now. 1st, 12th, 30st october and now "during" november.

i can understand that several users cancelled their preorders...

The next time i wont preorder anymore...

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Toronto
Thank you Peter for replying and giving us some form of closure

Everytime you don't click on my blog, I kill a kitten

Last edited by evil_m0nkey; 2009-10-22 at 09:41. Reason: typo

Tags
black hole, choc santa is a priority, delete this thread, egg on toast, fokia n900000000000000 :d, i love peter, mental instatution, n900 is a hoax :p, n900 is soylent green, not-garbage thread!, november release, peter is hot, peter was here, serenity now, spam, this is daycare, this thread is dead, urge to kill rising, when will it arrive!, whiners unite, your face is a daycare, zamunda