Notices

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ somerset
Originally Posted by nisheet View Post
no,its working fine....even videos are playing and downloading flawlessly on my N900
could you tell me senario in which it works ie 3g or wifi and which media player and any extra codecs needed have worked out how to download but fails to download on 3g cheers

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Ahmedabad,India
i use it on 2G.....video plays in default mediaplayer...with freemagadon's extracodecs...with codecs to play HD videos..

The Following User Says Thank You to nisheet For This Useful Post:
@marxian,
thanks for returning to this version of cutetube, I MUCH prefer standard, native, hildonized look and the way my phone operates. Add internal player (instead of invoking other app to do playback) with leaving option to use external one (like it is now) and it will be ultimate n900 youtube application.
One very minor cosmetic bug. Take a look at the "Settings" window: it shouldn`t be scrollable to left and right, only in up and down directions (too wide buttons?). Just like "Search" window.

The Following User Says Thank You to artpra For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by artpra View Post
@marxian,
thanks for returning to this version of cutetube, I MUCH prefer standard, native, hildonized look and the way my phone operates. Add internal player (instead of invoking other app to do playback) with leaving option to use external one (like it is now) and it will be ultimate n900 youtube application.
One very minor cosmetic bug. Take a look at the "Settings" window: it shouldn`t be scrollable to left and right, only in up and down directions (too wide buttons?). Just like "Search" window.
I'm working on the internal player atm. Should be finished this week.

The horizontal scrolling in the settings dialog is a known problem. I need to tweak the layout to fix it.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Excellent work with the player.
I have found a new requirement with Youtube that forces me to use the web-based youtube. Play to TV

You think you can include the ability to play to a TV and/or add/pair a TV?

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Jamaica
does this mean that I should use this instead of cute tube qml

The Following User Says Thank You to mrwormp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 101 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Lithuania
which is better for using qml cuteTube or newer version(cuteTube) what is the main differences between them ? :P I'm sure that the answer to my question is in this thread disscused, but read all posts... its to big thread

I have recently come back to the fabulous n9 and I'm looking for some help with the great cuteTube app.

The issue regards video playback in that all video played from the cuteTube n9 app keeps drop frames making it difficult to watch and enjoy. Ive also found that video playback works fine when headphones are attached which is a little weird.

Im sure this didn't happen when i last used the n9 and cuteTube some 6 months ago. But i might be wrong but it was never this bad. It also works great on the n900.

I only watch video on the n9 via cuteTube so any help would be greatly appreciated

Originally Posted by sts1976 View Post
I have recently come back to the fabulous n9 and I'm looking for some help with the great cuteTube app.

The issue regards video playback in that all video played from the cuteTube n9 app keeps drop frames making it difficult to watch and enjoy. Ive also found that video playback works fine when headphones are attached which is a little weird.

Im sure this didn't happen when i last used the n9 and cuteTube some 6 months ago. But i might be wrong but it was never this bad. It also works great on the n900.

I only watch video on the n9 via cuteTube so any help would be greatly appreciated
The stock player is not particularly great at video streaming, and the frame-dropping is a common problem which I have noticed on my own device. I think it is present to some extent when playing local files also (depending on the codec). I haven't tested using headphones recently, so that's an interesting observation. Unfortunately, I doubt the stock player will receive any further attention from Nokia.

cuteTube previously had a built-in player, but this became broken in PR1.3. Apparently, the fix is trivial, but Nokia chose not to release PR1.3 for the N950 and, with a limited time frame in which to make a decision (PR1.3 release was imminent), I had no choice but to remove it.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by UnlimiteD3k View Post
Excellent work with the player.
I have found a new requirement with Youtube that forces me to use the web-based youtube. Play to TV

You think you can include the ability to play to a TV and/or add/pair a TV?
I presume that this feature works using DLNA? I'm not sure what options are available for Maemo5 in that area. I imagine that it's possible, but I do not own any kind of TV to test, let alone one that is DLNA enabled.

There's always the TV-out cable producing glorious composite video at 640x480.

My website

GitHub

Tags
youtube