Posts: 374 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hungary
Is everything workable via this kernel? -> I found the answer: NO

Last edited by taril; 2011-05-08 at 18:07.

Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
Originally Posted by taril View Post
Is everything workable via this kernel? -> I found the answer: NO
v46 is better ?

Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by laasonen View Post
I installed multiboot-kernel-power and there is no items in the multiboot menu. I tried to click 0 and it just gave me this error message:

Kernel: kernel-power v47
And I have ext4 file system on /home/ partition.

EDIT:
Flashed the default kernel and now it opens new window with list when I click 0, but there is only content kernel field and it reboots after couple seconds. How can I replace the bootloader?

EDIT:
It starts booting with this, but then something happens and it shuts down
Code:
./flasher-3.5 -l -k zImage-2.6.28.10-power47 -b
1. Try flashing it with default kernel, not kernel-power image. Also, normal omap1 kernel is vmlinuz image and power47 is zImage image (and they are slightly different as pali noted previously, it may make difference for flasher maybe? just guessing). Try downloading the whole firmware image and flash it with 'only kernel' option (I don't remember the exact command now, but you can find it in wiki on page related to flashing).
2. If you really have ext4 and not ext3, and if you have installed multiboot, you should NOT install multiboot-kernel-power. That package is OBSOLETE and was needed by previous kernel-power packages. The new package required by multiboot is "kernel-power-bootimg" (while installing it should inform you that it will replace multiboot-kernel-power). But, anyway, if you have ext4, it makes things a little bit more complicated. Because you should edit /etc/multiboot.d/ entries for Maemo kernels and change
ITEM_MODULES="ext3"
to
ITEM_MODULES="ext3,ext4"
or maybe "ext3 ext4" (I'm not sure if there should be comma or space, but my pick would be a simple comma).
If you could somehow access device's rootfs, you can manually recreate files in /etc/multiboot.d if they are not present. The contents of files are (if you need them):
Originally Posted by /etc/multiboot.d/00-Maemo-2.6.28-omap1.item
ITEM_NAME="Maemo 2.6.28-omap1"
ITEM_KERNEL=2.6.28-omap1
ITEM_MODULES=ext3
Originally Posted by /etc/multiboot.d/01-Maemo-kernel-power-2.6.28.10-power47.item
ITEM_NAME="Maemo kernel-power 2.6.28.10-power47"
ITEM_KERNEL=2.6.28.10-power47
ITEM_MODULES="ext3"
Originally Posted by /etc/multiboot.d/11-NITDroid-mmcblk1p2-2.6.28.NIT.06.item
ITEM_NAME="NITDroid 2.6.28.NIT.06 on mmcblk1p2"
ITEM_KERNEL=2.6.28.NIT.06
ITEM_MODULES=ext3
ITEM_DEVICE=${EXT_CARD}p2
ITEM_FSTYPE=ext3
ITEM_FSOPTIONS=rw,noatime,errors=remount-ro

The Following User Says Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by rAXv2 View Post
after installing nitdroid i cant install power kernel, have tried to reinstall v47 and v46 nothing is happening...
What exacly happens? If it installs but you cannot see it in multiboot menu, please install package "Linux Kernel for power user (boot image)".

so can i fix the sound bug somehow or is someone working with it ? Groove + someplayer stutters and sound is buggy. Not usable anymore.

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Bangalore, India
Originally Posted by niqbal View Post
apt-get will fetch from repository and it will always be the latest v47. i had .deb files (wl1251 kernel), i reinstalled .deb files, the packages automatically gets replaced. Reboot and you are done

always do it in the following order

Code:
dpkg -i <kernel>
dpkg -i <headers>
dpkg -i <modules>
dpkg -i <flasher>
and then

Code:
reboot
Hey niqbal,
I am trying to upgrade from v42 to v46. Devel has v47. I can get the deb files from http://maemo.org/packages/source/vie....6.28-maemo46/. Can I do a dpkg -i *.deb? I can see 6 deb files.

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by shnigi View Post
so can i fix the sound bug somehow or is someone working with it ? Groove + someplayer stutters and sound is buggy. Not usable anymore.
We seem now to have id. the symptoms (see discussion in groove thread). I now am inclined to believe it is a power47 issue. Are we certain that there was no update to a pulseaudio or gstreamer component (modules, plugins, codecs etc) from CSSU or extras-devel broadly coinciding with power47? And then there is the CSSU updated QT bug. Both groove and someplayer are c++, QT4 apps. Has power47 tweaked something here?

And moobox is effected as well, tho' very slightly (sounds minimally truncates) & not unusable.

I've just updated to v47 via FAP, and experienced the same extremely unstable/unresponsive first reboot another user also reported. The 2nd reboot seemed to fix things - everything appears to be working just fine, apart from 1 thing.. my media library is empty and it won't rebuild.

I have had a peek in the tracker.cfg even though I've never manipulated it myself previously and it looks fine - my sound/video files are in the watch/index paths..

Help?!

Originally Posted by shrijith1 View Post
Hey niqbal,
I am trying to upgrade from v42 to v46. Devel has v47. I can get the deb files from http://maemo.org/packages/source/vie....6.28-maemo46/. Can I do a dpkg -i *.deb? I can see 6 deb files.
yes you can. download files to your n900 for example MyDocs/ folder and install them from terminal. Also it was duly noted that u can also apt-get calling v46, look at this post

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=446

The Following User Says Thank You to niqbal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 650 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Ghent, Belgium
Just to make sure it doesn't look like everybody is having problems with this kernel, I'm happy to report that v47 is running fine here. And I also installed the CSSU recently, wich is also great.

Thanks community!

Tags
battery-status, bq27x00_battery, kernel, kernel-power, misiak4king, noobs-cant-read, pali4president, patches, readdirections, revolverspinyou