Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by bandora View Post
LMAO ysss!!! hahaha!

EDIT: Too bad my 1000th post had to be in a thread like this.. But that picture was too funny! :P
lol congrats dude

now think carefully how you're gonna 'waste' your 1001st post... cause you can never go back to 1000
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bandora View Post
LMAO ysss!!! hahaha!

EDIT: Too bad my 1000th post had to be in a thread like this.. But that picture was too funny! :P
C o n g r a t z @bandora
you can any time edit/delete this post so it can "find a Happy Place" somewhere better..

C h e e r s

The Following User Says Thank You to immi.shk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Another example: We can be glad if we get a Nokia 808 device in european because they did not plan to release it in sweden , as an example, until alot of people complained because it got alot of attention in swedish media.
Actually the higher end Asha phones have sold great here in Finland. Especially as they move to Meltemi i have no doubt they will bring it to Europe as well, North America probably not.

That said it's hard to get excited as we don't really know how low end these Meltemi phones will be and what UI are we getting.

As for 808, Symbian has been quite dead in Europe before Elop already and i doubt carriers are exactly thrilled to take any Symbian phones. So my theory is that Nokia simply waited before at least one carrier was to pick 808 in Sweden and Norway.

Last edited by tissot; 2012-03-29 at 17:18.

The Following User Says Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 87 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia
I talked to a BIG Nokia employee "my friend" for long time about symbian & wp then I said "what about Meltime?" then he said Meego Meltime "Which means they are one and its just the next version" and sorry I cant say the rest :|

also there are many sings to prove that meltime going to be something powerfull and will jump to higher level devices after WP take it place.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to et3rnal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Look around:

In every damn european country its LUMIA LUMIA LUMIA when it comes to Nokia.

People in european also most the times buys mid/hiend phones.

Btw. Have you seen any marketing of the lowend Asha devices in europe lately?

The "next billion" is not european...
Asha devices are actively marketed and sold here in the heart of Europe.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by bennypr0fane View Post
That article linked in the first post doesn't even mention the name Meltemi, it says Meego. Where'd everyone get that Meltemi thing from?
Maybe because, from what we know, Meltemi means "Linux kernel plus Qt framework"... which is like saying "MeeGo" or "Maemo". Meltemi may not be MeeGo, but neither is Harmattan on the N9. The whole naming and re-naming game doesn't help anyone. I stay here on maemo.org because for me, N900 was Maemo 5, N9 was Maemo 6 and a future Meltemi device could be Maemo 7.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
Asha devices are actively marketed and sold here in the heart of Europe.
Well I did not say Asha was not sold in european but what I mean is its not much marketing here. And I think much of the european people buys hiend phones. I have seen 10 year old kids who has iphones in my country.

So my point was more it seems those lowend devices is for "developing countrys".

Maybe I am a bit negative but... Actually I hope I am wrong...

EDIT: mispelling pointed out by Jalyst

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2012-03-29 at 18:36.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
^I think you mean "developing countries" but I get your point.

How's TMO nowadays? I'm not reading it any more*, too busy.
Has there been any really big developments in the past wk+?

*cept this thread LOL, & others that I'm subscribed to

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Well I did not say Asha was not sold in european but what I mean is its not much marketing here. And I think much of the euroipean people buys hiend phones. I have seen 10 year old kids who has iphones in my country.

So my point was more it seems those lowend devices is for "developer countrys".

Maybe I am a bit negative but... Actually I hope I am wrong...
Yes you are right about that. Asha phones are solely for people who don't care what phone to get in Europe, they walk in a shop and pick one. No marketing to speak of, neither is it probably needed.

Kind of off topic but just today was listening couple of 7 year old kids talking about phones and features. Just wow, those kids are unbelievable tech savvy at that age already. Just imagine where they will be on their teens.

The Following User Says Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post: