Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Sure. When I have time I might look into those parts.

For the haptic feedback part, I already did some work on that some time back so I kind of have a hunch on what's going on there.
For the camera interface, I have not looked into that yet, so I have not even checked if it uses /dev or /proc to control the camera...

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 14 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ Montevarchi (Italy)
Hi,
sorry for my lack of knowledge of English and computer science.
Are you working on a new kernel for the N9, I understand? It will be possible to have the usb host?
I do not want to be offensive, but how the work is progressing?
I unfortunately I can not help my dates just little computer knowledge, but it would be possible to support the project financially?

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
At the moment I am still doing work on ubiboot ( multiboot loader for N9 ) but later when I have time I might also look at the HEN/N9 for USB host functionality, maybe.
I will be doing something related to kernel anyway

As far as I remember same people who did host-mode fot N900 have been looking into N9

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
At the moment I am still doing work on ubiboot ( multiboot loader for N9 ) but later when I have time I might also look at the HEN/N9 for USB host functionality, maybe.

As far as I remember same people who did host-mode fot N900 have been looking into N9
There were some users who actually got it to work but never released it

http://forum.meego.com/showthread.php?t=4610

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
There were some users who actually got it to work but never released it

http://forum.meego.com/showthread.php?t=4610
Yes, I am aware of that.
AFAIK that was because of the potential problems with BME

Posts: 368 | Thanked: 826 times | Joined on May 2012 @ India
And any development on the kernel update roadmap?

Thank you for your response.
But you're one of the developers? So by the time you are proceeding with the development, but I understand that it is not easy ... right?
I repeat my question: is it possible to help you financially? Not that I have money to burn, but I was glad to help, if only to keep alive the Nokia N9 despite Nokia.

Originally Posted by mercurio View Post
Thank you for your response.
But you're one of the developers? So by the time you are proceeding with the development, but I understand that it is not easy ... right?
I repeat my question: is it possible to help you financially? Not that I have money to burn, but I was glad to help, if only to keep alive the Nokia N9 despite Nokia.
Sorry I took my time to write back to you. I had to think about something there, on how to express myself
Of course the following expresses only my views, I cannot speak for others.

For most people doing kernel development this is an addicting hobby, but it's not our day job, it's not the thing we get paid for.
Thus, I look at parts which intrest me for personal reasons, things I can do and tweak to get the device perform the way I want and need it to behave. From time to time I hit some wall that proves to be too difficult to scale for me, at least at that moment. Or it might be I find something more intresting to hack at. At that time, I might well stop working at the current project and start doing something else.

Sometimes, I manage to do something even other people find useful, and that is wonderful. It makes me feel good to see people using my works, and it gives me good karma.
What I make and develop, are freely available to others to use, enjoy, extend and further develop under GPL.

If I accepted financial compensation/benefits from the work I am doing, it could lessen its meaning as a hobby and increase its meaning as work. Thus I would be obliged to work towards the goals I was rewarded for, and it would greatly reduce the freedom I like in my development.

Rather than financial support, I would like to see you too take part in development, learning the skills to create beautiful working software
This community is community of developers, we welcome people willing to learn our arts and are happy to share our learnings.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Wow, that is the spirit!

And even I understand your reasons against donations: a small paypala/whatever link does not hurt, and just see it as respecting/acknowledging your work. Not as a burden to push you, especially as you have stated totally clear your standpoint.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2013-03-14 at 22:46.

Sorry I took my time to write back to you. I had to think about something there, on how to express myself
Of course the following expresses only my views, I cannot speak for others.

For most people doing kernel development this is an addicting hobby, but it's not our day job, it's not the thing we get paid for.
Thus, I look at parts which intrest me for personal reasons, things I can do and tweak to get the device perform the way I want and need it to behave. From time to time I hit some wall that proves to be too difficult to scale for me, at least at that moment. Or it might be I find something more intresting to hack at. At that time, I might well stop working at the current project and start doing something else.

Sometimes, I manage to do something even other people find useful, and that is wonderful. It makes me feel good to see people using my works, and it gives me good karma.
What I make and develop, are freely available to others to use, enjoy, extend and further develop under GPL.

If I accepted financial compensation/benefits from the work I am doing, it could lessen its meaning as a hobby and increase its meaning as work. Thus I would be obliged to work towards the goals I was rewarded for, and it would greatly reduce the freedom I like in my development.

Rather than financial support, I would like to see you too take part in development, learning the skills to create beautiful working software
This community is community of developers, we welcome people willing to learn our arts and are happy to share our learnings.
Hello juiceme,
I thank you again for your response.
I state that I did not want to disrespect or offend you or other people who work on this project. And even those who, in their free time, focus on the development of applications and / or operating system in general.
I am a simple teacher of grammar and Italian and Latin literature, so a little far away as curriculum. But I like it and I'm very interested computer science and technology in general.
So when I said that I would like to contribute financially, I said that is my only way to contribute and help.
That's it.

Renzo

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mercurio For This Useful Post: