Poll: Do you think we should expect voice dialing out of the box on the N900, or can Nokia expect the maem
Poll Options
Do you think we should expect voice dialing out of the box on the N900, or can Nokia expect the maem

Posts: 352 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Vancouver
I don't want voice dialling!

I want a usable PIM out the box.

Originally Posted by slender View Post
@droll
You do realize that words have different intonation and e.g.
Hell
Hello
Have quite different.

I would recommend that you all learn finnish. Itīs pretty much spelled as itīs written

yes, i do. but the N900 is also a personal device, which means you really only need to train it to recognize your own voice. perhaps a marathon session where you record all possible syllables in your own accent?

I DO WANT VOICE DIALING!!!
God how do people don't understand that it is very necessary for some of us. I was always used to have it on my previous nokia devices. Now I can't call anybody while using my bike

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cduguet For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by cduguet View Post
I DO WANT VOICE DIALING!!!
God how do people don't understand that it is very necessary for some of us. I was always used to have it on my previous nokia devices. Now I can't call anybody while using my bike
Thanks for using a bike and not a car

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 20 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Greenbelt
I was missing the option: voice dialling and Nokia should support the community to do it. I have impression if community is doing it, we get what we want much better than what Nokia would do, but community needs support from Nokia (sources of phone apps and maybe Nokia could part finance the developer from community)

So, any news regarding this matter?
I don't think Nokia will ever launch an update that'll provide us with voice calling, but I hoped the community could do such a thing (I'd like to help if I had the means and knowledge to do so ).

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
My N900 is just about anything I would want (and probably a whole lot more than I want) in a telephone.
To make it perfect (IMHO) it would have to have voice dialing capabilities.
Q: What are chances of this ever happening - either in PR1.4 or as a separate add-on?
What about this site http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/noki...voice+dialing/ ( i went through all the 10 pages, but did not find the actual add-on).

Thanks!

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Canada
Originally Posted by new@n900 View Post
Q: What are chances of this ever happening - either in PR1.4 or as a separate add-on?

Thanks!
Umm... How about never? Sorry.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
The thread "Voice Dialing . . ." (2 posts) has been merged into this thread.

Originally Posted by Kajko View Post
Umm... How about never? Sorry.
A bit harsh. There is possibility: pocketsphinx could be used as input to a simple dbus call. I don't know whether anyone is working on this (I would hope so!) and unfortunately I don't yet have the know-how to do this myself. I may try this summer.
Bottom line: Not available yet, probably never from Nokia, but keep an eye out for a solution from the community.

The Following User Says Thank You to skykooler For This Useful Post: