Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
I just have an N800, marxian.

Hopefully whatever you release will also support Diablo as well.

Hi,

all my mkv videos are not shown in Mediabox. Is it possible to add mkv to the media-crawler on the n810? Search turned up nothing or I have overlooked something.

Mediabox (from extras repo) doesnt list the files from the MythTV upnp server. Stock mediaplayer works fine though. This is what i get in the console.

Code:
 File "/home/builder2/maemo-fremantle-armel-extras-devel/work/mediabox-2010.11.11/debian/mediabox/opt/mediabox/com/MessageBus.py", line 105, in call_service
     File "/home/builder2/maemo-fremantle-armel-extras-devel/work/mediabox-2010.11.11/debian/mediabox/opt/mediabox/components/fileindex/FileIndex.py", line 415, in handle_FILEINDEX_SVC_DISCOVER
>     File "/home/builder2/maemo-fremantle-armel-extras-devel/work/mediabox-2010.11.11/debian/mediabox/opt/mediabox/components/fileindex/FileIndex.py", line 155, in discover
>   TypeError: 'set' object is unindexable
2010-12-19 08:15:37.227 - ERROR   --- error during service call: FILEINDEX_SVC_DISCOVER
>   Traceback (most recent call last):
>     File "/home/builder2/maemo-fremantle-armel-extras-devel/work/mediabox-2010.11.11/debian/mediabox/opt/mediabox/com/MessageBus.py", line 105, in call_service
>     File "/home/builder2/maemo-fremantle-armel-extras-devel/work/mediabox-2010.11.11/debian/mediabox/opt/mediabox/components/fileindex/FileIndex.py", line 415, in handle_FILEINDEX_SVC_DISCOVER
>     File "/home/builder2/maemo-fremantle-armel-extras-devel/work/mediabox-2010.11.11/debian/mediabox/opt/mediabox/components/fileindex/FileIndex.py", line 155, in discover
>   TypeError: 'set' object is unindexable

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by cameris View Post
Hi,

all my mkv videos are not shown in Mediabox. Is it possible to add mkv to the media-crawler on the n810? Search turned up nothing or I have overlooked something.
Only Nokia knows, and unfortunately, they keep pretending to have forgotten about an OS called Diablo.

MediaBox OTOH now recognizes mkv videos, but that version is not on Diablo yet.

Can someone tell me why Media Box does not recognise playlist files whether created externally or in the default media player and if there is any chance of this changing?

I hate the default media player because it has no shuffle/random function and it does not seem to handle tags to well. However, with Media Box not being able to play my playlusts it is unusable for me. Even if I try to create a playlist on the device it will pick up all the items in the folder including the album art which makes it totally unusable.

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
MediaBox has been my primary media player since summer 2010 on N900 (now PR1.3). Thanks for the brilliant app!

After the latest update (version 2010.11.11) the program worked flawlessly for several weeks. However, from the beginning of December the next/previous buttons stopped working. When I want to change a song or a web radio station, I have to return to the playlist and make the change from there. The next/prev buttons only reload the current song/station. The same problem applies to both the main program and the widget. It also crashes (becomes totally unresponsive) very often nowdays.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall the program but this did not solve the described problems. I'll be happy to provide more information if I just knew what would be helpful in troubleshooting. Has anyone else faced same problems?

If I can also suggest one useful feature that has been mentioned earlier: a button or a pre-selectable option to turn on the FM transmitter by default.

Hmm, is there anyway to generate a smart (or somewhat smart) play list? I noticed there's the Recent 50 songs. I'm guessing it looks at the recent index and looks for the last 50?

Anyway, I use MediaBox to listen to podcasts downloaded via GPodder. I tried creating a playlist called Comedy Podcasts, and added the 2-3folders of the comedy podcasts into it. But I noticed it just adds whatever titles are currently there. It won't update if new files are added or older files are deleted.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I hate to bump this but this is (in my opinion) an issue, that should be noted, if not noted so far (didn't at least find it from this thread with word "rotate"). If one launches the player in landscape, then rotates it to the portrait he'll get the coverart first chopped to half, lag for 1-4 seconds and then finally the full coverart for portrait.

Can this be fixed? This also seems to cause some skipping, when resuming the song. Not so sure about that though. I've tested this on my N900.

i'm getting "genre list not available" when i select shoutcast..is that common ?

hi there! I'm using mediabox 2010.10.17 with my n810 (diablo) and I'd like to use the standard nokia headset with it; as a result I use headset-control package (default installation) and the current track is paused/continued without a problem.

however, the timeline in mediabox is not stopping when paused and endlessly counts up which seems to drain battery. whenever I come back to continue a paused song after maybe 2-3 hours my battery is gone.

Is this maybe a known issue or is there something obvious I do wrong? many thanks in advance.

Tags
mediabox, pycage rules