Active Topics

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by teclah View Post
It will change the performance in video ?
Video playing? Not really...

Last edited by javispedro; 2010-02-10 at 00:24.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
The Maemo Diablo alredy have a 2d acceleration ?
The video playing is good enough, but ....

I'm pretty certain it wont change the performance of Diablo. Hopefully though they'd make it possible for skilled people to make the fremantle desktop run at tolerable speed on N8x0... Volunteers needed on both the drivers and the userspace stuff, I believe..

Maybe stop spending time on Mer for the N900 and work on getting Mer running for the N8x0 when the drivers come....?

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
In other news, the drivers should be uploaded to TI extranet today.

And you need to create a TI account for this. For those who want to have access the SDK need to send the mail to gamingonomap@list.ti.com and we will follow the above procedure.

You need to then click "Extranets" on my.ti.com and then WTBU-OMAP Gaming SDK and then OpenGLŽES Graphics SDK for OMAP2420 Nokia N800 OpenGL ES v1.1 and OpenVG 1.0 SDK based on Linux kernel 2.6.21

A fair warning: These drivers are not for the weak at heart. You need to flash a new kernel. You may need to fix up some build scripts and run some mysterious commands. They will not work that easily out of box.

While I kinda assume this will be drowned out in Meego announcements and discussion, well, I got the mail last night

Please read the remainder of this thread for the various issues there are with this driver.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

Last edited by Stskeeps; 2010-02-17 at 08:14.

The Following 47 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 880 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
And you need to create a TI account for this. For those who want to have access the SDK need to send the mail to gamingonomap@list.ti.com
I'm signing up too, I don't know how useful I can be but I figure that the more people who register an interest with TI then the more seriously TI will take community development and open-sourcing drivers

The Following User Says Thank You to speculatrix For This Useful Post:
Blank page here 2.
Recompiling the kernel ? It remember me my old times of slackware, pretty cool.

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Victoria, BC, Canada
i was emailed instructions on how to set up a TI-pass ID after sending off a request to gamingonomap@list.ti.com. after setting up the TI-pass ID i was able to log onto that page and download the drivers:

OpenGLŽES Graphics SDK for OMAP2420 Nokia N800 OpenGL ES v1.1 and OpenVG 1.1 SDK based on Linux kernel 2.6.21

(OMAP24xx_MBX_K2621_N8xx_v3535630.zip)

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mikemorrison For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by mikemorrison View Post
i was emailed instructions on how to set up a TI-pass ID after sending off a request to gamingonomap@list.ti.com. after setting up the TI-pass ID i was able to log onto that page and download the drivers:

OpenGLŽES Graphics SDK for OMAP2420 Nokia N800 OpenGL ES v1.1 and OpenVG 1.1 SDK based on Linux kernel 2.6.21

(OMAP24xx_MBX_K2621_N8xx_v3535630.zip)
Yes, I was able to as well after selecting "Extranets" on my TI.com and WTBU-OMAP Gaming SDK .

Well, consider the drivers released I'm sure we'll fill in the details regarding how to get them up soon.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Uhm, I was already registered @TI, but I cannot find "Extranets", man I feel dumb