Poll: Did you try Qt5 on N900?
Poll Options
Did you try Qt5 on N900?

Posts: 114 | Thanked: 298 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Berlin
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
Well, I'm wondering (in connection to the browser replacement), will the Qt Quick Controls style (hildonize) the UI? Otherwise, can it be done manually?
Yes, it hildonizes the UI if called with -style maemo5 (or if this style is chosen by the developer), but this seems to be quite slow, because QML calls QtWidgets which in turns uses gtk to style the item. So a handcrafted solution with hildon-like QML items like qt-components-hildon is IMHO the better and faster option, even though it might not integrate as well.

Originally Posted by seanmcken View Post
seriously how to install or use this qt5??? please help. do i need to add any repo? please any noob guide??
Yes, you need to add my repo (or marmistrz' clone of it). Did you read the wiki article http://wiki.maemo.org/Qt5-Maemo5? If yes, which are the parts I should make clearer?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to frafI For This Useful Post:
Code:
reparing to replace qt5-base 5.2.1+m01+thumb1 (using qt5-base_5.2.1+m01+thumb1_armel.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement qt5-base ...
dpkg (subprocess): unable to execute old post-removal script: No such file or directory
dpkg: warning - old post-removal script returned error exit status 2
dpkg - trying script from the new package instead ...
dpkg (subprocess): unable to execute new post-removal script: No such file or directory
dpkg: error processing qt5-base_5.2.1+m01+thumb1_armel.deb (--install):
subprocess new post-removal script returned error exit status 2
dpkg (subprocess): unable to execute new post-removal script: No such file or directory
dpkg: error while cleaning up:
subprocess post-removal script returned error exit status 2
Errors were encountered while processing:
qt5-base_5.2.1+m01+thumb1_armel.deb

The Following User Says Thank You to olibe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 863 | Thanked: 213 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Goa
Noob Question - This QT5 how to use this? i mean are there any qt5 apps? or all the apps will use qt5 framework. sorry i dont know what this is. and if i install this will my phone get faster in desktop performance, loading etc? iam sorry i dont know anything. please someone explain.

The Following User Says Thank You to seanmcken For This Useful Post:
@seanmcken: There is trojita-tp in my repo and some more under http://repos.fuhlbrueck.net/qt5-maemo5-examples/. Flatboat, sigil and otter-browser are actually somewhat useful.

Qt5 will not replace Qt4, all apps compiled with Qt4 still need Qt4. However you can recompile most of them with Qt5. Pure QML apps should be faster with Qt5, for all other apps it depends on several factors whether they are slower or faster. One downside of Qt5 is its larger memory footprint for Widget based apps and RAM a performance bottleneck of the N900.

@olibe: Looks like a similar error, I'll fix the postrm scripts later this evening. If this bug still persists tomorrow, please write again.

An update with fixed postinst / postrm scripts is now in the repo.

Hello,
That works. But now i have an error when launch trojita, libQt5Webkit.so.5 No such file.

The Following User Says Thank You to olibe For This Useful Post:
@frafl

have you tried to build the latest otter-browser snapshot?

The Following User Says Thank You to xes For This Useful Post:
with regards to the xlib-xcb issue, could it be because our version of libxcb lacks xcb-xkb?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Btw. about styling. Is it much slower than Qt4 widgets? They seem to call gtk as well, and their performance is acceptable. The Controls examples are still out of date, aren't they?

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Does anyone have an i386 build kicking about for development in sbox?

The Following User Says Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post: