Notices

Posts: 63 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Ponte Vedra, FL, USA
Sorry, I'm a bit late to the party, but the original method of installing SVGClock kept me away until it was a one-click type of install. Now that I have it installed and have read through the entire thread I was wondering if it's possible to resize or scale the SVGClock like CairoClock (where you just drag the bottom right corner)? I hope I'm not missing something painfully obvious.

Thanks a bunch for SVGClock & Flip Calendar -- both are on my N810. Now to try out Ring Clock!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to internetpilot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 133 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Travel bag
Originally Posted by internetpilot View Post
Sorry, I'm a bit late to the party, but the original method of installing SVGClock kept me away until it was a one-click type of install. Now that I have it installed and have read through the entire thread I was wondering if it's possible to resize or scale the SVGClock like CairoClock (where you just drag the bottom right corner)? I hope I'm not missing something painfully obvious.

Thanks a bunch for SVGClock & Flip Calendar -- both are on my N810. Now to try out Ring Clock!
The SVGClock uses individual SVG components for the clock face, hours, mins, sec etc and hence there is a challenge in scaling, similar to the cairo clock at the moment.. I will try to fix this for a subsequent version.. The upcoming version of the SVGClock would have the alarm power launch feature, similar to the Ring

The Following User Says Thank You to shin For This Useful Post:
Released version 0.8-5. Includes functionality to display the OSSO Alarm UI, when the applet is double clicked.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Awesome! Thank you shin!

I know that OMWeather features that one click launch and drag, even an option for a double click.

So maybe look at his code or talk to vslad directly for an easier way to launch the alarm clock.

Even if you don't, this still is one of the best widgets.

It's so awesome, in fact, that I'm going to personally make a clock with my face and two thumbs up for the clock hands just for you so that you can put it on your tablet's desktop and enjoy it forever!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Addison For This Useful Post:
Posts: 315 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ €@$T Montreal Quebec Canada
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
Awesome! Thank you shin!

I know that OMWeather features that one click launch and drag, even an option for a double click.

So maybe look at his code or talk to vslad directly for an easier way to launch the alarm clock.

Even if you don't, this still is one of the best widgets.

It's so awesome, in fact, that I'm going to personally make a clock with my face and two thumbs up for the clock hands just for you so that you can put it on your tablet's desktop and enjoy it forever!
The best way to get this more simply...and more usefull...its to create an option in the setting of the applet... for when you one click or double click....you can execute command you want it....like this you can command to open your favorite application or whatever commands...

the big clue....its in personnal launcher application...

http://maemo.org/downloads/product/O...rsonal-launch/

Yes in fact, this application suggest to you to create an hildon applet application launcher...somes icon on your desktop...and when you click on it...that open it an application (executer in background by a command)

so when you open the setting of this applet, you see you have a row for your icon at the left side....if you click the pencil for custumize your icon you see this menu :

Like you see in this screenshot....you have the option to point one command to execute at root or/and terminal and you see an option for DBUS too

i think its possible to take this code and adapted for all your applet (ring clock svgclock and flipcalendar)

yes....you can make abstraction of icon cause your icon is your applet...

but iam shure we can find a way to take the ''command'' option whith root and put this in option of any applet...

like this in double-click...we got the application you want open it like a charm....or others commands too

i make more investigation on this case...cause...why limited double or simple clicked at ONE application...when you have a good code for coocking a Full application routing for any desktop-applet

follow more soon
French Noob

BorgTheme ¤ BorgSounds ¤ BorgStartUp ¤ BorgClock

The Following User Says Thank You to LABAUDIO For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Thanks, just installed your SVGClock and re-skinning it was very easy.

Here is my new 'steampunk' desktop with your SVGClock in the corner. Thanks for your work!

(Bigger version here)
Attached Images

AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to silvermountain For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
I am still waiting for this Addison!!

Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
Thanks, just installed your SVGClock and re-skinning it was very easy.

Here is my new 'steampunk' desktop with your SVGClock in the corner. Thanks for your work!

(Bigger version here)
That is a super cool desktop/theme !!

I am happy to see many creative ideas on decorating the NITs with the SVGClock / Ring Clock coming up . The one I liked the most was LABAUDIO's idea on the SVG Clock themes to match the BORG look & feel .. He seem to have released it at www.gnome-look.org too!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shin For This Useful Post:
I love this clock. Installed it from repos just yesterday but I'm having trouble changing themes.

First page says copy SVG's to */default and restart the applet. I've copied it there but don't know how to restart the applet. I tried disabling from Select Applet menu then reenabling but that broke my desktop for a while and now SVGClock is deselected in that menu. Can't select it at all.

So, what's the code to restart theme?

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Home, Select applets, then uncheck SVG Clock.

Copy your new clock theme, as root, to
/usr/lib/svgclock/themes/default/

Go back to Home, Select applets then, check SVG Clock back.

The Following User Says Thank You to Addison For This Useful Post: