Notices

Hello All!

I have just released iNES-Maemo 3.6, a Maemo port of my NES/Famicom emulator. This version has been specifically optimized for internet tablets using ARM assembler modules from iNES-Symbian. It supports joypad and zapper simulation with touch screen, automatic opening of *.nes and *.fds files, scanline simulation, and more.

You can download iNES-Maemo for free from

http://fms.komkon.org/iNES/

The package should also appear in the Extras repository shortly.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to fms For This Useful Post:
Thanks! Is there a way to turn off the sound (no setting volume to 0, but stop the emulator from rendering it) ? Because i tried Super Mario and it's a little bit to slow so i think without sound it might run fine...

The Following User Says Thank You to zeez For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zeez View Post
Thanks! Is there a way to turn off the sound (no setting volume to 0, but stop the emulator from rendering it) ? Because i tried Super Mario and it's a little bit to slow so i think without sound it might run fine...
At the moment, there is no way to stop sound from rendering. I do not think turning it off will affect the gameplay though: sound rendering consumes much less time than the rest of the code. I suggest you look at what else you are running on your tablet or maybe for something throttling CPU speed down.

The Following User Says Thank You to fms For This Useful Post:
Hmm I don't think i'm running anything else. But fceu (with sound off) is definitely faster on my tablet..

Hmm I don't think i'm running anything else. But fceu (with sound off) is definitely faster on my tablet..
I just checked and found that Super Mario Brothers runs at exactly the correct speed in iNES. You can check it too by measuring time it takes SMB to count 20-40 time units: it should take exactly twice as few seconds (i.e. 20 SMB time ticks should take 10 seconds).

Ok so there is definetly something wrong: 20 SMB timeticks take 17 seconds here.. I did run ps & top but couldn't find anything unusual (and i have no other apps running at the same time..)

Ok so there is definetly something wrong: 20 SMB timeticks take 17 seconds here.. I did run ps & top but couldn't find anything unusual (and i have no other apps running at the same time..)
Weird. The system may be lowering your CPU clock for some reason. Well, reboot and see if it changes

Thanks for the port! What are the buttons for the n800? I don't get how the tablet knows I'm pressing press A or B.

The Following User Says Thank You to chunkotron For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chunkotron View Post
Thanks for the port! What are the buttons for the n800? I don't get how the tablet knows I'm pressing press A or B.
Enable visual cues from the system menu (the one that shows up when you touch the left upper window corner).

Hmm reboot doesn't change anything. Is there a way to check the cpu's current clock rate ?