Banned | Posts: 291 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Dec 2009
Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
Gee, works for me. I'm sorry that having total control over your device is impeding your ability to use a restrictive mail server. If having a compatible device is so important send your device back and stop crying, or ask your office to get you a device. Or don't worry about it (since if they required it, they'd have gotten you one already.)

I highly suggest you just move on instead of regressing into trolling.
My N900 is in the box now, due to inability to connect to my corporate server.......iPhone 3GS came to the rescue.....flawless email

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Yet another thread rapidly headed for lockville.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 65 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Phoenix, Cochin, Bad Durkheim
I guess we are a select club of guinea pigs with a better device than most :-D

The Following User Says Thank You to amarjyoti For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I'll gladly accept any N900 from anybody that's disgruntled. I don't mind being a guinea pig... half of the software I use now is considered "beta" now. My phone never got huge firmware updates before to "fix" things that should have probably be fixed before it was shipped. I can remember getting updates for my OS in much less frequency than the service packs, kernel updates and rollout updates as I do now.

Simply put, if you were around for the beginning of the iPhone era, you'd remember an e-mail client that didn't allow multiple deletions or didn't even truly sync up properly with IMAP.

Or before GMail even had IMAP. Or before MMC for Windows. Or before X-Windows. Or before... electricity.

Progress. Sometimes it's great. Sometimes it sucks.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
while i like my n900, i gotta agree somewhat the weakest part (in my book) is the email. nokia messaging doesn't push emails in a timely manner (i.e. i'll get emails sent 2 hrs ago right now), and when i use imap to gmail it's damn near unusable.

wow another thread...

Posts: 154 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Lima-Perú
I was really happy with my n900 till the female usb connector came out >.<
LoL incredible! never thought it could fail in that way. Design issue, dont tell me it is not! :S
Pro cellphone with little little annoying thingies.
Come on, how could be it possible!!

That's right!!!
We are .....

ARMED with N900 and Kicking A**

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to hippo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Illinois, USA
On an only slightly related tangent, it DOES seem like the Finnish developers are out of touch with American usage.

They assume everyone who uses the contact manager knows everything there is to know about all their contacts country codes. Maybe in Finland they do, but in America, nobody except PR people have more than one contact with a country code that isn't +1.

They don't support common Wifi security combinations in the US (even though those security combinations might be totally ******ed).

They don't support Email servers that the iPhone does out of the box.

Just lots of little support issues that don't seem to be an issue in Finland or maybe in Europe and Asia in general, but in the US we do things a bit differently (again, often ******edly) and Nokia doesn't seem to be on top of that.

The Following User Says Thank You to mmurfin87 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 210 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki, Finland
guber + whine + new thread = eyes bleeding. lock it down for the good of mankind please! innocent people will die in the aftermath if you let this continue

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Brank For This Useful Post:

Tags
can't keep goober down, drunken poetry, give 'em hell revdkathy!, still dreaming dreams