Notices

Posts: 665 | Thanked: 2,388 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Zagreb, Croatia
I was looking at your roadmap. When you hit QML design in 0.0.14 - ping me.

Also, I noticed, all my kilometers and points were not uploaded or transferred.
Kind of takes the joy out of Waze. Can that be fixed, please?

Posts: 329 | Thanked: 505 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Israel
Originally Posted by knobtviker View Post
I was looking at your roadmap. When you hit QML design in 0.0.14 - ping me.

Also, I noticed, all my kilometers and points were not uploaded or transferred.
Kind of takes the joy out of Waze. Can that be fixed, please?
Why wait? The main view is already qml based All thats left are lots of menus to convert. I dont think i'll manage to convert them all in one release. I think i'll start with the navigation & settings menus.

about the score, it takes a couple of days to be digested in thier servers.

What's this rumour about Waze being sold to Facebook? As Waze maps are built by millions of users is it fair to sell their efforts to another party who will probably charge for using Waze?

Posts: 665 | Thanked: 2,388 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Zagreb, Croatia
My mistake, sorry.
Will you do direct port in QML for menus or do a car usage friendly size?

Originally Posted by knobtviker View Post
My mistake, sorry.
Will you do direct port in QML for menus or do a car usage friendly size?
Configurable QML - see "The New Waze" deb (mockup app) for N9 (search the thread).
In the settings there is an option to have a grid mode (like win8) or menu mode.
The only restriction is that qtcomponents are forbbiden (N900 & Ubuntu) and we are limited to qtquick 1.0 (N900).

The Following User Says Thank You to damagedspline For This Useful Post:
Posts: 13 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
What's this rumour about Waze being sold to Facebook? As Waze maps are built by millions of users is it fair to sell their efforts to another party who will probably charge for using Waze?
I suppose there is some statement in the license of the Waza saying that anything you will add to the map become property of Waze. So from this point of view it's maybe not very nice but fair enough as you allowed them to do that.
About the charging - I doubt that Facebook will dare to charge for using it. What I am expecting is the massive integration, possibly showing your FB friends on the map, automatic posting of the status or some 5hit like that

Anyway, it would be hard to refuse to sell Waze for such amount of money so the question is not IF but WHEN this will happen. Only thing we can do is to pray that damagedspline's port will work long (and good) enough to server us before we will all move to Android or some new Linux-based mobile device.

The Following User Says Thank You to K240 For This Useful Post:
Is it possible to lower the speech sound below the level of "low"? it's still very loud for me (i have a sound system in the car and the directions are really yelling...)

Originally Posted by impeham View Post
Is it possible to lower the speech sound below the level of "low"? it's still very loud for me (i have a sound system in the car and the directions are really yelling...)
When the waze make the sound, lower the volume in your car system. That will lower the bluetooth sound profile on the phone (yes, lower in the car system will lower in the phone but only when it plays).
Instead of using waze to make the sound, you can play an mp3 or something and lower it than. that setting will be kept.

Originally Posted by damagedspline View Post
When the waze make the sound, lower the volume in your car system. That will lower the bluetooth sound profile on the phone (yes, lower in the car system will lower in the phone but only when it plays).
Instead of using waze to make the sound, you can play an mp3 or something and lower it than. that setting will be kept.
that's the problem - i am using a music player (someplayer) at the same time, and i don't want to lower it's sound - only waze's

Originally Posted by impeham View Post
that's the problem - i am using a music player (someplayer) at the same time, and i don't want to lower it's sound - only waze's
then its even easier, in the waze setting menu, there is a volume level entry