Active Topics

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
http://brandirectory.com/league_tabl...lobal-500-2012

Sad day for Nokia, ranked in the top 20 last year, it's fallen off the list completely!!!! Symbian killed it.

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Symbian killed it.
Quotation needed, or might as well claim lumia killed it, or elop, or ms, or wp, or bad weather, or...

I need to correct it. It was 21 or so in 2010, and fell of the top list on 2011

It's clear why......Symbian accounts for most of the sales

Nokia was fine until Elop and windows phone showed up. Proofs in the data regardless of what any rabid teenager with a lust for Lumias believes. The brand name died AFTER and ONLY AFTER elop put all his eggs in the Microsoft basket.

When Symbian was Nokia's flagship their name was golden.

More lumia twits. Can't use a real operating system and comprehend data.

Lol...

94 Nokia 5,128 9,658 AA AA

- Huawei 4,832 - AA- -

367 HTC 4,106 2,970 AA A

Great list, yet in telecommunications only above had any sense, no samsung/apple... (or maybe the fact it had to fight with orange/verizon/at&t/o2/t-mobile etc) HTC One killed HTC One by this list anyway

And a cherry on top:
182 Ericsson 6,735 5,504 AA- AA-

Originally Posted by Mize View Post
Nokia was fine until Elop and windows phone showed up. Proofs in the data regardless of what any rabid teenager with a lust for Lumias believes. The brand name died AFTER and ONLY AFTER elop put all his eggs in the Microsoft basket.

When Symbian was Nokia's flagship their name was golden.

More lumia twits. Can't use a real operating system and comprehend data.
Common people don't follow CEO statements. They buy what is shiniest in the stores. Symbian could not compete with androids and iPhones. Nothing to do with Elop

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ culpeper,va.
Common people don't follow CEO statements. They buy what is shiniest in the stores. Symbian could not compete with androids and iPhones. Nothing to do with Elop
I'm sure people don't follow CEO statements; we belive in what laid behind CEO statements, and when He said Symbian is a burned
I couldn't buy any of His products even been Nokia, He will kill it anyway! I knew it with Maemo or Meego. By the way I owned a N900 and a N9 I love them!
Here is why I use nokia: 9280, 9500, E90, N900, N9. All great devices!

My windows pc can even update PlayReady, it suck! so the Phones!

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ alor star
thats not right. IMO Symbian doesn't killed Nokia but it is Nokia that killed Symbian... full stop!

First you say:

http://brandirectory.com/league_tabl...lobal-500-2012

Sad day for Nokia, ranked in the top 20 last year, it's fallen off the list completely!!!! Symbian killed it.
Then you say:

It's clear why......Symbian accounts for most of the sales
If Symbian accounted for MOST of the sales, then that proves Symbian was the OS that was keeping Nokia in the game.
Nokia announced on 25 Jan 2012 (less than 6 months ago) that they had sold their 1.5 billionth S40 handset.
That figure doesn't include all the S60 variants, the Maemo variants or MeeGo.

Tags
idiotman, lumiaidiot