Poll: Do you want to buy one, and why? (Votes are public)
Poll Options
Do you want to buy one, and why? (Votes are public)

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by kimmoli View Post
HEP

Update is now released in store.

Problem is that package name changed (hopefully it is final now).

This why you need to uninstall toholed (from Store > My applications), then remove Toholed from the phone, and attach it again.
You should see popup for installing it. Click it.

----
Manual installation as per above instructions.
I cannot find any "Toholed" in Store/My applications, though the toholed is actually working currently. I guess it still uses the package I installed manually for the toholed prototype. What is its exact name so that I can remove it manually with pkcon?

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
just do "zypper se toholed" and you get list of all names having toholed as part of them...

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 2,744 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
I cannot find any "Toholed" in Store/My applications, though the toholed is actually working currently. I guess it still uses the package I installed manually for the toholed prototype. What is its exact name so that I can remove it manually with pkcon?
Yes, manually installed packages are not shown there.
the old packages are harbour-toholed and harbour-toholed-settings-ui

uninstall them first.

Then re-attach toholed (the new one) and if your NFC works, it should install it automatically.

New package name is harbour-ambience-toholed

The Following User Says Thank You to kimmoli For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
just do "zypper se toholed" and you get list of all names having toholed as part of them...
or
pkcon search name toholed

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kimmoli For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
0.4.3. released.
Download from store, or here manual install;: http://repo.merproject.org/obs//home....1.armv7hl.rpm

Changes: https://build.merproject.org/package...anges?expand=1

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kimmoli For This Useful Post:
First of all, thank you for all the hard work! This has been an awesome project to follow. Here is a little feedback after a couple of weeks of usage.

Is there a reason why charging indicator and silent profile aren't shown at the same time? To save space when the bottom screen is filled with too many icons? This happens also when there is lots of extra space left. A charger plug icon could perhaps fit on top of the battery percentage to fully utilize the screen.

Have you considered adding the alarm time next to the alarm icon, which would probably block most of the bottom screen icons, but could be handy when used as a bed side clock. Notifications could of course override this.

Sometimes also the notification icons are difficult to spot, to differentiate from the network, bluetooth etc. icons. What if when there are notification the bottom row would be moved to above the clock? This could even be animated since the display controller supports vertical scrolling, or would it be easier to just handle it straight from the daemon. Anyway, this would make it a lot easier to notice even from further away.

Do these sound difficult to implement or even inconvenient as concepts?

Thanks.

The icons have fixed locations, and there is no particular reason behind why what is where. it is just evolved like that. The charging/muted icons just felt convenient to have them like that. Muted has priority iirc. and then 100% has highest priority.
I planned to make icons to be dynamic, but it feels awkward after learning the positions of them. On analog clock, network state and notifications are shown at the same time, but muted/charging is identical.

Adding alarm time; i had thoughts about that but never got time to dig out where i could get them nicely. Propably could get them somewhere.

Making the display to change order when notifications active is possible.

The Following User Says Thank You to kimmoli For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Here's a MWC video of a wooden TOHOLED a I gotta say it looks really gorgeous!

Is the wooden one already available?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Small update on SW - Version 0.4.4

- [daemon] add . to small font
- [daemon] notifications according to category, add voicemail notification
- [daemon] show version on splash screen

Pushed soon to Q&A, so wait for update in few days.

For those who use manual install, download from this link:

http://repo.merproject.org/obs//home....1.armv7hl.rpm

or use pkcon magics...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kimmoli For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla toh, toholed