Active Topics

Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
We have a general thread for the discussion of Fairphone (the company), but no thread for discussing the port of Sailfish OS for Fairphone 2 specifically.

Hopefully this can be it

The Fairphone 2 is one of the best supported devices for SFOS, and due to its modular construction the hardware should have a long life.

I ordered mine at the end of Feb but haven't got it yet. If you have yours, hype me up

Last edited by Feathers McGraw; 2016-04-09 at 14:06.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
The Fairphone 2 isone of the best supported devices for SFOS
Yeah.... Without the dalvik......

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Wait... I thought they licensed SFOS, so that would have meant Alien Dalvik too, no? Really curious about this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
I always forget that people rely on this, I've never used aliendalvik.

Hoping that the excellent work that has been done on sfdroid will make it to the other ports, at which point I'll start using it. The UI is already tied to the success of Jolla as a company, I don't want to rely on any more proprietary components that can't be maintained by the community of Jolla goes under.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Wait... I thought they licensed SFOS, so that would have meant Alien Dalvik too, no? Really curious about this.
I think it was just under discussion... I've been looking for news about this but haven't heard any.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
They just announced cooperation with Jolla and more or less confirmed that Alien Dalvik will come to Fairphone, soon™.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 159 | Thanked: 341 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Helsinki, Finland
Sfdroid experiments are under way, otherwise Sailfish works quite brilliantly on FP2.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to locusf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
As I have understood it, licensees of Sailfish OS get Alien Dalvik

This Fairphone port is community supported, not official. Strange given the alignment (at least in marketing terms) of both companies that this has not yet resulted in a spontaneous wedding.

I hope Jolla could focus on official Fairphone support soon after the Intex launch.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
I always forget that people rely on this, I've never used aliendalvik.
The problem is that for example, banking apps are only available on the 2 biggest platforms (Android, iOS)
So I don't have a choice

Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
They just announced cooperation with Jolla and more or less confirmed that Alien Dalvik will come to Fairphone, soon™.
I've personally asked them if it will support dalvik, they replied that it's not coming since it's not an official port, but rather a community port, just like the Nexus one...

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
The problem is that for example, banking apps are only available on the 2 biggest platforms (Android, iOS)
So I don't have a choice

I've personally asked them if it will support dalvik, they replied that it's not coming since it's not an official port, but rather a community port, just like the Nexus one...
Well have you seen what krnlyng/liar teased, the other day. Just wait till you see the next update!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nh1402 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nh1402 View Post
Well have you seen what krnlyng/liar teased, the other day. Just wait till you see the next update!
Would this actually work on the Jolla phone itself?
Because, you know.............
<yo dawg meme>

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:

Tags
fairphone, fairphone 2, sailfish os