Active Topics

Notices

Hi

I am new to this kind of stuff so im kinda a noob. i dont have a memory stick so can i still install warcraft 2 and starcraft on my n900? I have used strargus to get the data from the starcraft cd but i dont know which file to extract it to. I have done the same with warcraft 2 but i dont know which file to extract it to. If anyone knows anything please help me.

thanks for your time

Originally Posted by mikebigball1 View Post
Hi

I have used strargus to get the data from the starcraft cd but i dont know which file to extract it to.
Hey, you can have a look into this
nokiatouch.me/blog/109-warcraft-2-and-starcraft-2-on-nokia-n900.html
they might be of your help.

This is what it says:

Installing Starcraft step by step
1) Get the files from the original Starcraft CD with Stargus (sourceforge.net/projects/stargus/)
2) Download Stargus
3) Put your Starcraft CD in
4) Install Stargus and select the CD-Rom drive
5) After this you have to exit Stargus and go to the directory where Stargus was installed
(C:\\Program Files\Stargus)
6) Copy the content of the Data directory to your memory card (memorycard:\\games\stratagus\)
7) Download file zehjotkah.ddl.at/stratagus-0.1-4_armel.deb
8) Copy this file to the root directory of your memory card.
9) Open X-Terminal on the N900 and type in the following
root
cd /media/mmc1/
dpkg -i stratagus-0.1-4_armel.deb

10) Now it gets installed and you’re ready!

Notice that when you see the following code while installing Stratagus, ignore it as it does not mean anything serious: Setting up stratagus (0.1.4) … /var/lib/dpkg/info/stratagus.postinst: line 7: maemo-select-menu-location: not found

In case you already have Warcraft 2 installed, you first have to rename your Warcraft 2 games directory on your memory card. Credit goes to linman who has ported Stratagus for maemo and the Stargus team.

The Following User Says Thank You to Eliza For This Useful Post: