Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
With great anticipation I opened my App Manager and searched for both "Dune" and "OpenDune" ... but no dice.
Aaaawwwwww.... where is it??? I want!

Taken from the OpenDune site:

NOTE: in order to play this you will require all the data files of the 1.07 EU release to be present in the /data folder; without this the game will not work.

Also, the first time your start the game, you are forced through the whole intro (your mouse and keyboard won’t work). This is only the first time, and exactly as it was in the original Dune II.
Anyhow, thanks for porting one of my childhood faves onto the N900... Now I have Descent AND Dune II, HURRAH!

Last edited by eiraku; 2010-06-01 at 13:53.

Originally Posted by Darkwolf View Post
With great anticipation I opened my App Manager and searched for both "Dune" and "OpenDune" ... but no dice.
Aaaawwwwww.... where is it??? I want!
Did you enable Etras-testing?
http://wiki.maemo.org/Extras-testing

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Originally Posted by hschmitt View Post
Did you enable Etras-testing?
http://wiki.maemo.org/Extras-testing
Yes. I got all the usual repositories enabled.
When I try to get it from Maemo.org using the web browser and fetch the .deb file there, I get an error saying the following 2 packages are missing:
- wget
- bzip2

I assume those two packages/tools are used to fetch and unzip the Dune game data that is required to play the game.
Perhaps it's a good idea to add them to the package for those who apparently don't have these packages installed?

Awsome, i spend so many hours playing it on my Amiga 500

Posts: 278 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Norwich, UK
Originally Posted by codeMonkey View Post
I might've encountered a problem with getting past the high-score screen - the enter key doesn't seem to send the correct key to accept, so you can't move on. This might be due to some meddling I've done, so if someone else could confirm.
I've run into exactly the same problem - This essentially indicates it's not possible to play more than the first level, as you'll always be prompted for a highscore regardless of how low you get, and cant pass the screen asking for your name.
Ace job with the port though and brings back a whole ton of very fond memories, very much hoping this hits a stable state.

Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by Darkwolf View Post
Yes. I got all the usual repositories enabled.
When I try to get it from Maemo.org using the web browser and fetch the .deb file there, I get an error saying the following 2 packages are missing:
- wget
- bzip2

I assume those two packages/tools are used to fetch and unzip the Dune game data that is required to play the game.
Perhaps it's a good idea to add them to the package for those who apparently don't have these packages installed?
These packages are in extras-devel and should be promoted to extras-testing together with the main package.

Last edited by smoku; 2010-06-01 at 15:27.

Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by eiraku View Post
Taken from the OpenDune site:

Anyhow, thanks for porting one of my childhood faves onto the N900... Now I have Descent AND Dune II, HURRAH!
This information is outdated.
Besides, if you would read the first post, you would know that the package fetches and installs required data.

I have the enterkey on highscore-problem as well... Perhaps it's because I used the N900 for other stuff while playing the first level?

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ The Netherlands
Awesome! Now I can play one of my favourite games on my N900.

Thanks a lot!