is this even possible? how bout porting transmission, i just hope our capable devs. are working on it

N9 64gb black

Last edited by zaoltryence; 2011-11-01 at 16:57.

Posts: 380 | Thanked: 459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Slovenia
How hard would it be to port this to Harmattan?

The Following User Says Thank You to olympus For This Useful Post:
You coud just use www.torrific.com and download the files from there, just copy the torrent link and paste into torrific, it wont usually take long time for the torrent to finish, its pretty dam fast service, then just download the files to your phone.

there are plenty Open trackers, and most private trackers doesnt allow mobie torrent apps to be used.

ps, if you decide to use this, you need Firefox since the default browser doesnt allow download of avi without some editing of defaults.list and you cant Paste the torrent link into Torrific

just my few cents

Last edited by Lovsan; 2011-12-21 at 17:02.

Originally Posted by Lovsan View Post
You coud just use www.torrific.com and download the files from there, just copy the torrent link and paste into torrific, it wont usually take long time for the torrent to finish, its pretty dam fast service, then just download the files to your phone.

there are plenty Open trackers, and most private trackers doesnt allow mobie torrent apps to be used.

ps, if you decide to use this, you need Firefox since the default browser doesnt allow download of avi without some editing of defaults.list and you cant Paste the torrent link into Torrific

just my few cents
Interesting alternative but wouldn't it be easier with transmission?

yeah of course it would be easier, atho, this also saves your hd space, and you can also stream the files using default browser, look into it, i bet you will like it

and im not joking about hte speed of torrific, see it yourself, when i click initiate (download torrent) its sometimes ready like ASAP

upload speed is around 4mb/s from torrific to petandrive (another file host thats pretty usefull, you can stream videos from there etc.

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
lftp can download torrents.

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
lftp can download torrents.
Thanks for the idea, tried it with lftp and it works but there's a problem, the download speed is pretty slow. I get speeds only up to 80kb/s and it's not the tracker or the wlan speed. I tried to download the same torrent on my computer and the speed went up to 2Mb/s, i also ran speed test on my n9 and it showed about 1.7/Mb/s. Any suggestions?

Did someone else try it? What are your download speeds?

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
LFTP's great and powerful....
But it's not going to appeal to the mainstream that we want/hope the N9 will appeal to.*
Hopefully there is a re-adaption of Transmission. That would be really sweet.

*the chances of that happening have been almost entirely dashed, but one can still hope.

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
LFTP's great and powerful....
But it's not going to appeal to the mainstream that we want/hope the N9 will appeal to.*
Hopefully there is a re-adaption of Transmission. That would be really sweet.

*the chances of that happening have been almost entirely dashed, but one can still hope.
Yeah but still, it's nice that if you really need to download a torrent you can do it. I just don't know what's with the download speed.