Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
Thanks a lot for bringing the emulator for our phones! For being an early version it's working pretty fine with some games, Super Mario 64 works flawlesly, others like Zelda Ocarina of Time presents some framedrops in certain points, missing textures (beggining, link's room), and Zelda Majora's Mask misses several menu parts, making impossible to save the game, and game slows down / freezes at random points and pressents flickering textures. That was the only games i tested so far.

I hope you'll keep working on the project and provide us a button layout like EmuMaster, with custom transparency levels, custom button config, abbility to disable phone screensaver, and a way to tweak the emu (frameskip, FPS counter, screen format, quick saves, and maybe some filters).
Thanks again

Originally Posted by Hariainm View Post
Thanks a lot for bringing the emulator for our phones! For being an early version it's working pretty fine with some games, Super Mario 64 works flawlesly, others like Zelda Ocarina of Time presents some framedrops in certain points, missing textures (beggining, link's room), and Zelda Majora's Mask misses several menu parts, making impossible to save the game, and game slows down / freezes at random points and pressents flickering textures. That was the only games i tested so far.

I hope you'll keep working on the project and provide us a button layout like EmuMaster, with custom transparency levels, custom button config, abbility to disable phone screensaver, and a way to tweak the emu (frameskip, FPS counter, screen format, quick saves, and maybe some filters).
Thanks again
legend of zelda majoras mask is broken in mupen64plus itself, i dont know if i am into the code and r4300 well enough to fix it, many people before me have failed.

Also i think you probably haven't played the game on the console itself, it's not possible to save via the menu in majoras mask, you need the ocarina and your sword to do that (finish first temple).
The menu is working perfectly.

i will surely improve the emulator in the future, considering interface, such that it will be equally usable as the pc version but i am not sure if i can fix deeper lying bugs but i will try at least

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to liar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
Originally Posted by liar View Post
legend of zelda majoras mask is broken in mupen64plus itself, i dont know if i am into the code and r4300 well enough to fix it, many people before me have failed.

Also i think you probably haven't played the game on the console itself, it's not possible to save via the menu in majoras mask, you need the ocarina and your sword to do that (finish first temple).
The menu is working perfectly.
lol, fail sorry
To be honest, i never play Majora's Mask in a real N64, only once in Project64 emu long time ago, maybe 7-8 years, i thought Majora's have the same save system as Ocarina, my bad (i'm used to use quick savestates in every emu i play)

Of course i understand you're making a port of mupen64plus for N9, not a major code rewrite, if it's broken in desktop version i will never ask you for a fix, but i see that flickering textures in both Zeldas doesn't occur in the Windows version.

Again, thanks for your work, I will stay tuned to any news.

Sounds very nice, i em not gamer, but trying a bit is interesting what N9 can do, i will find some time to install it!

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on May 2012 @ México
hI liar. tried to contact you via private message, but couldnt. Could you please tell me a way to rescue my ocarina of time and majoras mask savegame? thanks a lot

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
Liar liar pants on fire! This isn't real! FAKE! Lol, just kidding, great work.
Now, Super Mario

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

Posts: 1,348 | Thanked: 1,863 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ fr/35/rennes
thx, btw ask me to rebuild source once published to git

https://purl.org/rzr/abandonware

Please help to list all maemo existing apps :

https://github.com/abandonware/aband...ment-578143760

https://wiki.maemo.org/Apps#

I am looking for " 4 inch TFT LCD display screen " for Nokia n950 HandSet

http://rzr.online.fr/q/lcd

Also, I need online storage to archive files :

http://db.tt/gn5Qffd6#

https://my.pcloud.com/#page=register...e=g8ikZmcfEJy#

Originally Posted by ulyaothshadow View Post
hI liar. tried to contact you via private message, but couldnt. Could you please tell me a way to rescue my ocarina of time and majoras mask savegame? thanks a lot
do you have access to a terminal?
if so navigate to ~/.local/share/mupen64plus/save/
$ cd ~.local/share/mupen64plus/save/
then enter ls to get a list of files in that directory
$ ls
you should see 2 savegames for every you have played before and after the update.
the old savegames filename should be mostly in capitals, for example:
THE LEGEND OF ZELDA (unknown rom).sra
and the new savegame filename should be someting like that:
Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (E) (M3) (V1.0) [!].sra
now you need to copy the old savegame over the new one, for example:
$ cp THE\ LEGEND\ OF\ ZELDA\ \(unknown\ rom\).sra Legend\ of\ Zelda,\ The\ -\ Ocarina\ of\ Time\ \(E\)\ \(M3\)\ \(V1.0\)\ \[!\].sra

and you should have your savegame back. adjust the above line to your needs, i just used common rom filenames

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to liar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
Goldeneye 007 runs much better here then it ever did under Mupen64 on the N900, this is great!!

Have to admit that I am having some trouble with the on screen controls, so having some input options would be great. Even making transparent outlines of the on screen buttons would help keep them straight (kind of like Emumaster does)

The Following User Says Thank You to cddiede For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Didn't EmuMaster plan to support N64 too? Great work anyway.