Active Topics

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Almost on every post that everybody posts with (even some LITTLE) useful information on it, Wikiwide is the one who thanked you. He has a total thanks of 16,691 at the moment of typing this post.

So I want to thank him with this special 'Wikiwide Thank You Thread'.

Wikiwide, Thank you!

(please reply to this topic Wikiwide, so we can Thank you too!)

Edit 9 December 2015:
His Total Thanked Post Count is up to 41,395 by now!!!!
Awesome!

Last edited by HtheB; 2015-12-09 at 04:06.

The Following 63 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
I "thank" blw your post or wait for Wikiwide post and press "thanks" to him! Just joking!!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tonyhuynh For This Useful Post:
Not impressed. He's thanked Dave twice the amount of times he's thanked me... and that's not acceptable.

I'm flattered

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
Not impressed. He's thanked Dave twice the amount of times he's thanked me... and that's not acceptable.
See who thanked you on this post...
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...07&postcount=9

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
It was sarcasm, sorry if you didn't sense it.

I'm flattered

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
No it wasn't.
Have you ever considered that my posts are more usefull to the community than yours? The community are built on its users. It's not cool not to accept his behavior just because he thank other users more than you.

I can donate all my thanks to you if it's possible for a moderator or admin to do that. Hope that you are happy Mr thanks hunter.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-04-15 at 14:51.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Quick reply...
It's too early to thank me yet. For example:
1. I haven't yet found out how to put a localhost Assisted-GPS server on N900, so that the benefits of quick GPS lock would be separated from having to connect to Internet. I am still not sure whether it is necessary at all.
You see, if A-GPS gives all the information necessary to N900, and N900 stores it without forgetting, then this data should last for at least a week of quick offline GPS lock - when you will need to get fresh data. Unless there is a bug erasing the ephemeris data, offline-A-GPS server will not help much - unless it provides better data than supl.google.com.
And unless I am mistaken, you cannot get the whole year of future satellite orbits in advance - because the manoeuvres of satellites are unpredictable like that.
Still, if you are concerned about being dependent on somebody's else servers for information, you can read about Secure User Plane Location of Open Mobile Alliance and Open Source GNSS Reference Server for Assisted-Global Navigation Satellite Systems.
And International GNSS Service provides precise satellite orbits and clocks. Also, Real-time Service...
I would also be interested in observing the past data for satellite orbits and checking whether it would be possible to calculate future ephemeris based on the past-and-known ephemeris. Surely, the satellites are predictable enough that such a large database of ultra-precise orbits can be extrapolated to predict their orbits a month, or a year, later?
2. The recaller widget has yet to be replaced with a shortcut-to-bash-script. I have troubles with gst-launch and pipelines; surely, a simple matter, but still vexing, nevertheless.
3. I haven't even attempted to compile Fennec 20 XUL for CSSU Testing non-Thumb. I am grateful for Fennec 17. And I am glad to see activities in other directions, be it Fennec for Thumb, or HTML-based browser.
4. I have troubles persuading QML interface of Modrana to use night-theme-colours.
5. My signature has not been updated for a long time.
Best wishes.
And please, don't start a who-has-more-thanks war. I am afraid to count the ratio of the received thanks to my posts each time I visit this site. Maybe, I should post something in off-topic, as a distraction... It's a no-thanks land, after all.
And sarcasm is a form of joke, even if it is difficult to recognise at first.

Last edited by Wikiwide; 2013-04-15 at 14:59.

The Following 75 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Thank you for the reply Wikiwide.

I still thank you for even being Wikiwide
haha, sometimes it's spotted earlier than you can think of it

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
Wikiwide, you're awesome.
Thanks a million!

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AMD For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
And unless I am mistaken, you cannot get the whole year of future satellite orbits in advance - because the manoeuvres of satellites are unpredictable like that.
Actually there things called TLEs which are available for satellites to track them easily, GPS sats are in very stable orbits and are maintained in them so the system will stay accurate.
Here is the TLE for a GPS satellite it includes all of the information needed to track the satellite as long as you know the exact date and time
GPS BIIA-10 (PRN 32)
1 20959U 90103A 13104.01737920 -.00000014 00000-0 00000+0 0 9362
2 20959 54.4045 226.4577 0116480 337.4908 315.2123 2.00558664163919

here is a very nice QT sat tracking app for the old Zaurus
http://www.qsl.net/n1vtn/petittrack.html
which you could grab source(or even pre-alpha compile for maemo?) and strip out what you need.
The TLEs of the GPS sats are available here
http://www.celestrak.com/NORAD/elements/
http://www.celestrak.com/NORAD/elements/gps-ops.txt

As long as you are playing with the GPS a cool add-on would be setting the phone clock from GPS satellite time.

I currently use gpredict with chroot Debian to track amateur radio communication sats and use a handheld yaggi antenna and an older five watt UHF/VHF dual band radio to chat other ground stations via satellites and sometimes, when there is a amateur licensed astronaut, the space station even non hams can monitor the ISS especially when they are transmitting slow scan TV or doing a school interview.

Last edited by biketool; 2013-04-15 at 15:23.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:

Tags
awesome, inspirational, superwiki!, thank you all, thank-hero, thankyou, wikiwide