Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Such negativity. Since when were people not able to suggest improvements? Personally I think ujwalsoni's list was interesting.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 464 | Thanked: 338 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK, Northwest
Surely negativity is wishing aspects of your N9 to be like some other phone?

If you bought a N9 be happy with it. If not sell it and get a model that better suits your needs.

Originally Posted by dumpystig View Post
Surely negativity is wishing aspects of your N9 to be like some other phone?

If you bought a N9 be happy with it. If not sell it and get a model that better suits your needs.
I *am* happy with it and it *does* suit my needs. But that doesn't preclude me from sharing some ideas with the community when they occur to me, regardless of whether any of these ideas are useful or not. This is a forum and people come here to talk. Get over it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ujwalsoni For This Useful Post:
Posts: 426 | Thanked: 374 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Middle East
@ujwalsoni you're right.

although I'll tell you why some people react like that over here.. Many devs are putting a LOT of work for little or nothing in return, so it kinda upsets some to see people being unappreciative towards their work and just keep asking for more and more and complain when they can't get things to work because they're too lazy to actually search for the solution which already exists .
I think your idea came out wrong to them, when you just meant to share something.

don't take it too seriously.

Portfolio: AKstudios : : graphics with attitude.
Flickr: AKstudios
Twitter: @flopjoke

The Following User Says Thank You to flopjoke For This Useful Post:
Oh, here's what I need:

1. Fix the switch-app/swipe from q or p on the keyboard problem. Tryign to enter 'quit' or 'problem' usually results in me jsut flinging the screen back and forth.

2. Dialer
a. When on a call fix it so that the number pad is visible along with mute, speaker and disconnect buttons. There's plenty of real estate to put a number pad on that screen.
b. Dialer won;'t match contacts that include country code (+1) since my phone company just sends 10 digits domestically.
c. When tryign to dial voicemail, I have to hit it twice. I get an intermediary screen that shows me my voicemail number, as if I care.
d. Answering a call is swipe up + button press. Why do I need the button press? I just swiped!

3. Email
Cannot copy text from emails

4. Browser
a. Cannot search on page for text
b. Cannot tell it to not remember history

I wouldn't mind coding some of these if I knew they'd make it in the update. How open is the code base though?

The Following User Says Thank You to Scorp1us For This Useful Post:
Posts: 464 | Thanked: 338 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK, Northwest
Originally Posted by ujwalsoni View Post
I *am* happy with it and it *does* suit my needs. But that doesn't preclude me from sharing some ideas with the community when they occur to me, regardless of whether any of these ideas are useful or not. This is a forum and people come here to talk. Get over it.
OK.
I'm over it now.
Thanks.

Hi..I know that Harmattan is no longer being developed..but I wanted to share some ideas that I think would improve the overall experience

14. Open in new window - option for opening new web link in background instead of a pop up
Good ideas, especially the number 14 would rock!

If we forget "build a new one from scratch with desired features or use another browser that already has it",
Can anyone think of a solution ? Is this doable to the system or to app itself?

Is it for example possible to monitor what application is open on top on viewing, so to speak?
like if stock browser is currently the one, active, and you push "open to new window" something monitors the action and keeps the current browser window on top and puts the new window to open applications, kind of background?

Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland

Hi..I know that Harmattan is no longer being developed..but I wanted to share some ideas that I think would improve the overall experience

14. Open in new window - option for opening new web link in background instead of a pop up

Originally Posted by andreas1 View Post
Good ideas, especially the number 14 would rock!

This would be something I would also find usefull

Posts: 411 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Australia
9. Music app should start when earphones are plugged in
Hell no.
What if I just want to watch youtube?

The Following User Says Thank You to DJJonosound For This Useful Post: