Originally Posted by michaelmhk View Post
Nokia first finger friendly os are nokia belle, harmattan and windows phone...
Bora (aka OS2007).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
Well I red the google translation but did not understand much, probably because I haven't slept well lol. But the article didn't say anything new I mean we all knew about the power stuggel between symbian and maemo, and the delays in the meego project.

It's no secret that everyone of these companies in this industry make plenty of prototypes and projects that go nowhere.

Put thinking in just what kind of situation Nokia was (huge profits 1998-2010, even shortly Europe's largest company) back in, they certainly seemed to make most out of it spending it to all kind of amazing projects that where always scrapped.

After those amazing projects and the 4 billion euros spent to R&D yearly they decided to throw devices like N97 out there. I was huge, blind Nokia fan boy back then, but even i saw how utterly crap the device was.
Symbian was a dead end, but even so N97 must have been amazingly destructive device.

There was news today that Nokia actually filled record amount of patents and owns over 50% of essential LTE patent.
I hope that at this time when Nokia can still do something we see a lot more focus from them. Seems to be the case so far at least.

Originally Posted by Zoxir View Post
Well I red the google translation but did not understand much, probably because I haven't slept well lol. But the article didn't say anything new I mean we all knew about the power stuggel between symbian and maemo, and the delays in the meego project.
You did notice there is plenty of pages? It doesn't stop to that first page.

You have heard some very shady rumors and pictures of some stuff there, but this explains and tells what was happening inside Nokia. Makes it one coherent story.
Example the 2009 leaked UI was actually true. Something i was always sure was right. This goes to explain what happened and how it worked. Also explains why the early UI infos we got where somethign totally different to Swipe UI.

Though there's are also some totally new stuff like N9 lookalike tablet in prototype and so on.

Last edited by tissot; 2012-10-10 at 19:18.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Zoxir View Post
But the article didn't say anything new I mean we all knew about the power stuggel between symbian and maemo, and the delays in the meego project.
The N810 phone thing was definitely news to me. I would have liked to know more about things like Elephanta and what happened to it, the mass exodus of GNOME people in early 2008, the RX-71 etc though.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by HELLASISGREECE View Post
before the symbian-wp civil war there was the symbian-maemo civil war.

how does it feel now Symbian? you got ***ed by wp the same way you ***ed maemo
The most ridicilous Symbian fanboys got desperate and got in bed with Elop and now is WP fanboys instead.

Thats for sure...

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
It would be a dream coming true getting my hands on a Nokia 7700 and N950.

the 7700 is even rarer than N950. Only a handfull of devices made for testing purposes.

They would be a great company to my untouched white 64gb N9 : )

*drooools*

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
The most ridicilous Symbian fanboys got desperate and got in bed with Elop and now is WP fanboys instead.

Thats for sure...
nah... I think the majority of Symbian fans moved to Android. Some to Harmattan and some to wp.

I could be wrong though...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HELLASISGREECE For This Useful Post:
I'm not a big fan of Elop, but you can't deny the fact that he's brought some much needed Canadian cool-headedness to Nokia. As an outsider, he was probably able to cut through the internal politics and bureaucracy.

Windows Phone is a strategic decision and we may not agree with it, but apart from that, Elop has also focused on operational efficiency - by organizational restructuring, cost-cutting, quick decision-making and bringing focus to key business areas, for ex, his mission to make Nokia the 'where" platform, and striking up licensing deals with Amazon, Oracle etc.

After reading the article, you realize that Nokia had become a lumbering behemoth. The American upstarts sped ahead because they were agile and headed by people who were in the thick of things and understood the new market sentiments perfectly.

the fact is when Elop arrived and changed the strategy, Nokia went down the drain. In every aspect.

Let's hope WP8 will change that (personally I don't see it)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HELLASISGREECE For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HELLASISGREECE View Post
It would be a dream coming true getting my hands on a Nokia 7700 and N950.

the 7700 is even rarer than N950. Only a handfull of devices made for testing purposes.

They would be a great company to my untouched white 64gb N9 : )

*drooools*
I had the 7710..great device and ahead of its time..pixel density was still better than the 808

Sold it for USD 200..

The Following User Says Thank You to ujwalsoni For This Useful Post: