Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
The thread "I know I am jumping the gun but..." with three posts has been merged into this thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
are we there yet?

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2010 @ nigeria
PR1.3 give nokia a lil break it aint like they are microwavin it lol...n between who cares if it even comes the phone is already great by now..just the need for new applications(between us they won't come if the rest of us are always nagging about the bugs n downsides of the device cause companies won't make them if they feel the device is not successful)..between by next year i would have already bought the new meego device so keep don;t get ur expectations too high...the higher u get the greater the fall(disapointment)
cheers

Originally Posted by Peter@Maemo Marketing View Post
You are kidding me, right?! Let's just not go there now...
The improvements, although welcome, are not ground breaking or does not instill features that other phones dont have.

They were improvements which covered some of the N900 Shortcommings and bugs.

So if we do speculate about 1.3 1.4 or 1.5's it is nothing but quiet reasonable.

Because nokia has bought about this update after such a delay, it actually feels ohh what great update it is and by your comments it looks like the techs at nokia have worked day and night to bring this update but you must agree that yes its a good update no doubt but very minor and just covers the shortcommings of n900 but does not go beyond that. Upgrades bring new technologies to a phone nowadays but this update has brought the n900 just a little bit nearer to the latest technology.

BTW i still love my N900 for things it can do but we have all the rights to speculate about new greater updates to take this quarter baked phone to a full fledged phone and beyond.

We hope that nokia should strike deals with third party companies to not only bring their technologies and apps not only to Meego products and sybian 3's and 4's but also to Maemo.

Like edit version of office, such a simple app is now a requirement and need of the hour. What is the use of the QWERTY when you can edit docs, excel files etc.

Last edited by anismistry; 2010-05-30 at 23:21.

The Following User Says Thank You to anismistry For This Useful Post:
Any info on the Mail for Exchange functionality to be implemented in PR1.3?

I would like to see appointments better implemented than currently (i.e. ability to see appointment's attendees, as for example Symbian MfE supports).

PR1.3 should come before PR1.2!!!!!

really need virtual keyboard in portrait mode (one hand usability) and automatic portrait mode when tilting instead of the stupid key-combination

its also very weird that you cannot change the order of pictures or bookmarks or rename mp3s without mussorgsky..

i'm hoping that with the pr1.3 update we should get fully working ovi store with plenty of pay for apps and games...

this thread is pretty relevant. why is it so far in the back?

Are there any concrete details about this PR1.3? in the 1.2 there were allot of nice news scoops that turned out to be right.

besides that, i think the need for 1.3 is not as big as it was for 1.2 i think nokia fixed allot since 1.2 and with the 1.3 version they could finnaly start implementing all features that before 1.2 didnt got a chance. like sync sms in ovi suite and stuff like that.

I hope they release 1.3 soon so that we keep getting new stuff on a regular base. this keeps the n900 interesting

Are we there yet?

The Following User Says Thank You to wildone For This Useful Post:

Tags
early start, firmware, fremantle, future, jump the gun, maemo, maemo 5, myth continued, not again, pr 1.3, pr1.3, product release, some1 shoot him, speculation, update, wait, wait for pr1.4, waiting, waiting more