Plz help me. I bought an unlocked n900 from ebay with 1 one year warranty. The problem is, I saw one thing after updating the firmware over wifi that in the settings menu there are two options showing in the above menu

1. Restore to factory settings
2. Enter code for unlocking sim card

I tried a T-Mobile sim card from my dad's cell phone and it worked. So I wanted to know why is this "Enter code......." thing is there and will the phone will work with other providers including those in India ?

One more thing --- I came to know that "sim unlocking" string after firmware update only, before that I didnt went into the settings menu, so may be it would have been there already ( from factory )

( I dont have any sim card with me. I havnt purchased a number in US yet.)
plz reply ASAP

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 782 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
That's where you enter/change your PIN number. It's not locked to any carrier, but you can lock your carrier's SIM card.

Edit: n/m, PIN is @ Phone settings.

Last edited by zwer; 2010-02-20 at 18:07.

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
All devices have this for some reason, it was added in 44-1 or PR1.1 (not sure).
Asked about it on the IRC channel and didn't get a reply, entering any number should give you operation failed.
The phone should work with other SIM cards though.

I hope thats only the answer. The other thing I wanted to know is when and how can we use the VGA camera anyway ?