Active Topics

Poll: Best OS for N900?
Poll Options
Best OS for N900?

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by pantera1989 View Post
You waste time. It's like talking to a brick wall. If he has any sense, he would have either left or stopped posting 15 months ago.
I dunno--I mean, I know it's annoying to hear someone berating your efforts, but he is echoing the sentiment of a lot of the customers/users do (since they can't get involved in the same way). The best way to look at it is as a barometer of frustrated user sentiments and to acknowledge it as much.

On the one hand, I agree with him a lot on this--but I also must remember to temper that with understanding that things like this can't appear quickly with a skeleton crew. To that end, I blame Nokia heavily for pulling funding and for festering so many years on closed-source instead of letting the community scratch their own itches to fix the problems on their own devices and concentrate on pumping out hardware.

Anyway, to summarize a bit: I think he needs to rant and be acknowledged as much as I believe the developers need to be able to be understood and thanked/donated to. I've donated to various projects here and there, so I've done what I could despite my rants and being called a troll by a few people for simply having an opinion that they don't like.

In case it was lost in all that, I want to point out that I'm particularly thankful to the MeeGo and Cordia folks. Especially the Cordia Tablet efforts--we need a better platform to work off of now that Nokia has abandoned us all, Maemo and MeeGo alike.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to Daneel For This Useful Post:

Tags
buy cordia tab, cordia vs cssu, more opensource, y this thread?