Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
and maemo.org dumping an american idiot right here,

Last edited by ibrakalifa; 2012-04-25 at 04:02.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Both of you have taken trolling to new, low levels. Not even entertaining...

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
im talking about lumiaman sir, i hate when he says taliban, sorry, im sorry

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Let us get back on-topic and not forget it:
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by danramos View Post

Nice to see a Nokia FINALLY being used out in publ---oh hey, what's he doing??

Oh he's gonna brick that thing.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Oh he's gonna brick that thing.
no no no, its already a brick he is just flashing it.

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Not quite. We've been over this topic a few times already in other threads.
"That may very well be the case, but Microsoft's official response on the matter is a little less clear. Basically, they're saying that Windows Phone 7 was built on the latest release of CE 6 (R3, in case you're curious), but that they took it further and "incorporated innovative features and functionality on top of the platform." If we had to guess, what they're trying to say is that the Windows Phone 7 project was started when the Compact 7 kernel was still nothing more than a twinkle in Steve Ballmer's eye, so they took the latest code and started mucking with it to meet their needs. It's entirely possible that the Compact 7 team took that code back and kept working on it to create what would ultimately become what we know as the Compact 7 kernel, but that's not something the company is commenting on. At least, not directly. Anyhow, here's the official verbiage:"

"Windows Phone 7 is based on the Windows Embedded CE kernel – the next generation of the Windows Embedded CE platform will be Windows Embedded Compact 7 when released, and the current version is Windows Embedded CE 6.0 R3. Although Windows Phone 7 was built on the Windows Embedded CE kernel at its core, the Windows Phone team has incorporated innovative features and functionality on top of the platform to develop an OS specifically designed to meet the needs of mobile phone manufacturers."

"Oh, and just a note: based on that statement, you might be wondering how we deduced that they're saying they started with a CE 6 core. Basically, Microsoft is in the midst of changing naming conventions in its Windows Embedded range; the current release of CE is 6 R3, but the full name of the next version is Windows Embedded Compact 7. The company states that "Windows Phone 7 was built on the Windows Embedded CE kernel at its core," so yeah, there you have it."
For further details, you can refer to the Wikipedia article on the Windows Embedded Compact 7 and the many details and citatations within that: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Embedded_Compact_7
A kernel is just a kernel...
Not that it matters much for end users
http://www.osnews.com/story/25574/Mi..._Use_NT_Kernel

Is that 'cheating' too?

btw what rom and kernel are you using on your galaxy nexus? I've been using AOKP with franco kernel milestone 2 and getting the best I've ever got. Maybe you might have a better combo that I'm willing to check out

I just interrupted my slumber to say: lumiaman, you are a dumbshiit.
Infract away!

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I am amazed how much name calling is going on here and no one is banned yet. If I called any of the Taliban here bad names, I be thrown out. Such discrimination.

Posts: 333 | Thanked: 153 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ blah blah
hey we've got to national stereotypes achievement unlocked

Tags
backdoors, buysomethinelse, danrantos, goodbye nokia, lumiadork, lumiaturd, nsa_cia_lumia, seasons in sun