Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
YEAH!!! COOL!!! GREAT!!! WOW!!! And a news post coming!!!

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 552 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Not decided
Great news for the project! I am really glad that you 'll have this funding faucet. Finally, your hard work is paid off. Cool!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anapospastos For This Useful Post:
^ Isn't that the 2nd EU funding already?
Which is, of course, wonderful in every way!

The Following User Says Thank You to nonsuch For This Useful Post:
SOLUTION:
The current version of Maemo Leste image for VirtualBox has guest additions installed. However, when the mouse integration is turned on, the cursor is not visible! When I turned it off (input menu), the mouse was grabbed and the cursor became visible!
I am not sure why this happens. Probably because the guest additions installed is older than the Virtualbox version I am running.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there,

Just discovered this great project. :-)
I have tried the VirtualBox version and I have only one problem with it so far, that the mouse cursor does not appear on the screen at all. (I tried to click on the screen so it would grab it but it won't happen)

Any idea how to make the cursor visible?

Now I have to predict where the cursor when I try to click something. Certainly makes the user experience exciting. :-)

Thanks a lot,

Tamas
(Just bought a Nokia N9 last week on eBay, I will definitely try to install Leste on it when it arrives... :-) )

Last edited by tvandorffy; 2021-05-12 at 19:48.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tvandorffy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tvandorffy View Post
I am not sure why this happens.
This is expected behaviour, not a problem with VB.
Think about it: does any smartphone OS have a visible mouse cursor?
It's good that VB has an option to work around the problem, and it's good that you found it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nonsuch For This Useful Post:
Yes, I understand, and you are right of course.

Maybe because of Android devices that can handle Bluetooth and even USB mice, I kind of assumed that Leste would have the same behavior.

Handling Bluetooth keyboards and mice would be cool for Leste, but it's probably not a priority right now.

I am very happy that this project is still active and ongoing.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tvandorffy For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 680 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
if the device has working bluetooth in mainline (e.g. Motorola Droid 4 and Pinephone), then BT mice will work.

IOW, the issue is not Leste-related, but hw-related

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sicelo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by tvandorffy View Post
Yes, I understand, and you are right of course.

Maybe because of Android devices that can handle Bluetooth and even USB mice, I kind of assumed that Leste would have the same behavior.
Not sure what is the behaviour under Android, however, under Leste, what happens when you enable mouse integration in the VM is that mouse events are generated by a pseudo TS device, Leste detects that and hides the cursor. If you disable mouse integration, mouse events are generated through pseudo mouse device, Leste detects that and makes the cursor visible. We did it like that so when you touch the screen on a real HW (phone), cursor will be hidden, however, if an external (relative) pointer device is connected and used, cursor will be made visible.

Handling Bluetooth keyboards and mice would be cool for Leste, but it's probably not a priority right now.
Bluetooth support is planned, however, there are higher priority things (like phone calls) on the list.

I am very happy that this project is still active and ongoing.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
It was in aprill that I was said there would be coming a news post of leste development. Have I missed it? Would really like to hear because I saw on Leste's twitter that phonecalls seem to be quite far already and sms could be too. Would also like to know if the table of N900 specs is updated like frequently or just occasionally.

I have started to miss my N900 a lot and would like to take it back in use wity Leste. But I don't blame. I can not code, compile, crosscompile, port or do anything else to support the guys working on leste.

Just BIIIIG THAAAAANKS TO AAAAALLL who are making a miracle and changing this world to be a better place.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Noticed from Leste Twitter that news could be coming soon and I suspect that phonecalls and sms would be then ready. I hope I'm right.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:

Tags
leste, maemo 7