Notices

Posts: 166 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Finland
I made a little comparison: I drove a little trip by car and recorded it with Maemo Mapper on N800 with LD-3W GPS unit and with ecoach on N900 with the internal GPS. The GPS update interval was 5 seconds in ecoach while Maemo Mapper updates every second. The distance calculated from the gpx recorded with N800 was 27.1 km and from the N900 recorded 26.9 km. I forgot to take a note what was the distance measured by my car. I have previously compared the N800 recorded distance to the distance recorded by my car and it was within 1%.

Posts: 100 | Thanked: 408 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Helsinki
Interesting thread, as I just posted a blog entry about GPS interval in Mapper:
http://blog.mardy.it/2010/04/mapper-...tery-life.html

Although I was mainly thinking about having a longer interval to reduce battery consumption, it can indeed have some beneficial effects on the GPX file. I guess that for walking a 30 seconds interval might be the best, but for running or cycling I would opt on 10 seconds, while I'd keep 1 second for car navigation.

Posts: 166 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by mardy View Post
Interesting thread, as I just posted a blog entry about GPS interval in Mapper:
http://blog.mardy.it/2010/04/mapper-...tery-life.html

Although I was mainly thinking about having a longer interval to reduce battery consumption, it can indeed have some beneficial effects on the GPX file. I guess that for walking a 30 seconds interval might be the best, but for running or cycling I would opt on 10 seconds, while I'd keep 1 second for car navigation.
I've used Maemo Mapper on N800 and 770 with its 1 second update and succeeded in keeping it alive for 10-12 hour trips but on these trips I very rarely woke the screen up. Just kept it logging.

I have used Maemo Mapper also for logging data for car performance tests (I calculate the performance figures off-line on PC). For that the 1 second interval is a must. I hope you keep the 1 second option on Mapper.

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Monterrey Mexico
Hi all , does some one here know how to get something like this , I think is a simple improvement but I think will by very useful
Turn this

Into something like this (simple media player controls)

I am not too into "LINUX Developing" so this is just a suggestion of if there's any tutorial I can use to get into it en do it by my self , would be great.

Posts: 166 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Oulu, Finland
what would happen on those new buttons?

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Monterrey Mexico
Originally Posted by sampppa View Post
what would happen on those new buttons?
The idea is to have some media player controls (play, next, previous pause) in the same interface.