Notices

Don't know the right place for this but..:

I've this N900 for a year now and today I ran into this quite annoying problem...

So your application screen's backround should be darker than the wallpaper usually is, right? Now something is wrong and mine backround is always the one from which I've moved to the applications menu (or to the multitasking screen). The real problem is that I can't read the texts of the applications since backrounds have white areas also...

I had an-Droid theme installed and wanted to return to the stock Nseries theme and this is when the problems started. I also had the Catorize and Theme Customizer installed but removed them while I tried to fix this.

Any good ideas?

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Cambridge, UK
Same problem here, tried lots of mods but finally had to settle for blackish wallpapers

Won't take that as a final solution Would be nice if someone knews how to fix this without reflashing.

This is how my menu looks like:

Last edited by teemupa; 2011-05-29 at 15:14.

Anyways it's interesting that you refer to an-Droid theme, never realised that could be the source of the problem.

Check /usr/share/hildon-desktop/transitions.ini file, the setting to get a darker background when in app menu is there. To be more specific, the "home" group with saturation and brightness values.
Try with
saturation=0.8
brightness=0.4

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Ipoh, Malaysia
Maybe a problem with your transitions.ini config.

The original values for the application section are

[home]

radius = 12

radius_more = 16

saturation = 0.8

brightness = 0.4

zoom = 0.93

zoom_applets = 0.85

transitions.ini can be found at /usr/share/hildon-desktop/transitions.ini. Please make a backup before editing.

Referenced from - http://wiki.maemo.org/Customizing_Maemo#Transitions

Sadly my settings are same as stated in the above post..........do have cssu installed, hope that's not having an effect on the brightness. I'm pretty sure it shouldn't.

Same here, same settings. I'm running PR1.3.

Also tried to reflash but for unknown reason the reflash didn't start...

Last edited by teemupa; 2011-05-29 at 16:45.

Had time to figure out that flashing problem tonight already and found from the forums that the filename was too long. Shortened it and made the reflash. Reflashing also made the problem to disappear.

Still, thank you guys!

I think I found a relationship between the problem, CSSU and theme customiser. Everytime I set/update my theme using Theme Customiser, the background image gets brighter, but the moment I use CSSU feature app and make a update. The background image has faded/darker. Interesting huh!!!!