Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by vetsin View Post
You do have a point Estel but seriously, get back to your project and start working on it and give your backers some proof that it really is going somewhere. I'm not going to get either that case or the Neo900 but I support both in spirit. So please stop killing one of projects that keeps this community going.
My thoughts exactly Neo900 has shown a lot of progress in the time since "Black aluminium cover replacement" went completely silent and without updates (I don't want to use the term "more progress" as I would need to think this through, but nonetheless the aluminium cover replacement project looks pretty dead/stalled since last autumn... It's sad, as despite the whole idea is arguable, quite a few people are still following it and are interested in finishing that one, too).

And, by the way, does end of GDC involvement mean end of Nicolaus's involvement? Or just GDC will keep away from it, but Neo900 UG will still be able to hire Nicolaus (but pay him per-hour for his work, with respect to his financial needs)? I see lots of small edits of previous posts (both from Nicolaus and Joerg), so I'm a bit confused about the level of "the final end of the participation from GDC" now

Last edited by misiak; 2014-05-29 at 20:59.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Thanks wpwrak and dos1, that is encouraging. If I may ask but one question, what happened to Estel? I could not help noticing that his posts no longer have the Thanks button available (again).

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Thanks wpwrak and dos1, that is encouraging. If I may ask but one question, what happened to Estel? I could not help noticing that his posts no longer have the Thanks button available (again).
Banned, again, you can see it next to his name on any post. How cool it would be if people were machines without egos.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by misiak View Post
does end of GDC involvement mean end of Nicolaus's involvement? Or just GDC will keep away from it, but Neo900 UG will still be able to hire Nicolaus (but pay him per-hour for his work, with respect to his financial needs)? I see lots of small edits of previous posts (both from Nicolaus and Joerg), so I'm a bit confused about the level of "the final end of the participation from GDC" now
Please let's just sort one issue after the other, so far nothing is off the table.

cheers
jOERG

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 257 | Thanked: 2,053 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Warsaw, Poland
Important information for our donors!

Please see: Transfer of funds for reorganization

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dos1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 254 | Thanked: 509 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Canada
Does potential withdrawal of GDC mean also that Neo900 cannot be based on GTA04? Availibility of GTA04 schmeatics, pcb layout, part suppliers, etc?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shawnjefferson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by shawnjefferson View Post
Does potential withdrawal of GDC mean also that Neo900 cannot be based on GTA04? Availibility of GTA04 schmeatics, pcb layout, part suppliers, etc?
The schematics are freely available, though we will have to apply changes to adopt N900 particularities, luckily N900 schematics also 'leaked'. In the end Neo900 will have its own schematics anyway. The PCB layout doesn't apply to Neo900, this has to get redone completely (except some footprints). Particular suppliers GDC used in the past are GDC proprietary knowledge obviously - though this changes rapidly and best suppliers need to get evaluated each time anew. DigiKey, mouser, Farnell, arrow etc are common knowledge, finding special parts is tricky no matter how many suppliers you know.
So short bottom line answer: no, it doesn't mean that.

/j

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
Originally Posted by dos1 View Post
Most likely Global Components, exactly like GTA04, OpenPandora and (in future) Pyra.

Just to make it clear: Golden Delicious Computers isn't a manufacturer with its own fab, or anything like that.
thanks for that info, i was also under the impression that it was GDC who will manufacture the Neo900.

OT: recent banning of a member got me checking the forum rules (http://talk.maemo.org/faq.php?faq=vb...b3_board_usage)... infraction points expire but member should behave for 30 days. well i guess his cup is filled to the brim, one drop led to an overflow, again. i hope it was a "third party" moderator who gave the points though. now back to topic.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vetsin For This Useful Post:
Neo900 design files published (because GDC has "sold" them to the community by doing refund minus engineering cost):

http://projects.goldelico.com/p/neo900/downloads/

-- hns

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to gta04 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
Joerg: thought the eagles were not going to be released?
Seems a little odd. Maybe the above post should be pulled until after the project is finished or dead completely.