Notices

Posts: 143 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Abuja, Nigeria
Panucci and Gpodder are some of my killer apps for the N900, especially panucci, it provide an awesome way to listen to podcasts it supports bookmarks and resume play. Is there a way I can make panucci the default player on gpodder so that if i try to play a podcast from gpodder it would launch and play using panucci (instead of the default media player )

My Blog

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
On N900 it's a default feature of gpodder: Menu > Settings > Player for...Audio/Video.

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

Originally Posted by twaelti View Post
On N900 it's a default feature of gpodder: Menu > Settings > Player for...Audio/Video.
Not on version 2.0 it's - only v2.1 I think. I can't install 2.1 due to a conflict with python glade2. Not got enough N900 to sort it out myself so I'm hoping it gets sorted when it's promoted into the main repository.

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Yes, selecting the media player is only possible starting from 2.1 (on Maemo 5, that is).

gPodder 2.1 should be allowed to be promoted to the Extras repository tomorrow (10 days quarantine, added to Extras-Testing on December 15th). I'll make sure to promote it ASAP after promotion is unlocked. In case there are still dependency issues, I'll ping Niels to fix it (seems to be a promotion problem for versioned dependencies or something).

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Good tip, Thanks! Have just made Panucci the default on my setup. Great for auto-bookmarking podcasts!

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Excellent program... However, none of the "YouTube users" subscriptions play video. Media Player reports "Unable to play Media. Video codec not supported"

NP I thought, I would download Mplayer and use that in my prefferences.... "TED" talks now opens in Mplayer and plays well (TED also plays in media player too.) Sadly, the YouTube user episodes continue to start in Media Player with the same results.

Any hints or advice?

This feature is very useful for breaking news, if the vids would play that is.

SLN member # 009

Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
Excellent program... However, none of the "YouTube users" subscriptions play video. Media Player reports "Unable to play Media. Video codec not supported"
not just youtubes, any video feed i try doesn't work with gpodder per default. does anyone have any video podcast that works in gpodder (for testing)

thx

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by ArnimS View Post
not just youtubes, any video feed i try doesn't work with gpodder per default. does anyone have any video podcast that works in gpodder (for testing)

thx
TED talks work >> http://www.ted.com/

I belive I got the feed from downloading "Popular" or somesuch from within Gpodder.

SLN member # 009

Last edited by YoDude; 2009-12-31 at 14:11.