Posts: 183 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
a relatively nub question from myself, but followed the instructions, to the tee. Uninstalled and reinstalled a few times, including installing xmimd_1.2_armel.deb. The keyboard however is not translucent, it is still plain black.

I have turned off error correction, swype, etc. Only English UK installed. Ideas?

Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by Storm_11 View Post
a relatively nub question from myself, but followed the instructions, to the tee. Uninstalled and reinstalled a few times, including installing xmimd_1.2_armel.deb. The keyboard however is not translucent, it is still plain black.

I have turned off error correction, swype, etc. Only English UK installed. Ideas?
Please, tell us :
- N9 or N950 ?
- PR version, 1.2 or 1.3 ?
- Debian locale language is the same as MeeGo locale language ? See FAQ #7.
And the MeeGo vkb is translucent only inside LXDE by tapping the "Debian LXDE" icon. Icon "LXDE opVKB" shows opaque VKB.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following User Says Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
rcolistete, I know this is slightly off-topic but YOU ARE WANTED!

See: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=447

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
rcolistete, I know this is slightly off-topic but YOU ARE WANTED!

See: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=447

Thanks. Yeah, I know the deadlines. "Calculus" is late due to "Easy Debian Harmattan" development, but I will release a simple version until Sunday.
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 141 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Germany
with the last ones icons...says thanks to gimp

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
Please, tell us :
- N9 or N950 ?
- PR version, 1.2 or 1.3 ?
- Debian locale language is the same as MeeGo locale language ? See FAQ #7.
And the MeeGo vkb is translucent only inside LXDE by tapping the "Debian LXDE" icon. Icon "LXDE opVKB" shows opaque VKB.
Ah those sugggestions fixed it. Turns out that when setting the locale, there were so many options and by accident I chose the wrong one. Thanks!

Something else that I couldn't find in this thread, not sure if it's possible yet. If you're working in a text area (such as Open Office writer), and swipe down the keyboard, is there a way to bring the keyboard back up? The joys of a vkb hey...

Originally Posted by Storm_11 View Post
If you're working in a text area (such as Open Office writer), and swipe down the keyboard, is there a way to bring the keyboard back up? The joys of a vkb hey...
Tap twice the OpenOffice in the LXDE bottom bar. Or tap in another text field.

The Following User Says Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Halemba
Hi! i've got a problem after i try to run apt-get install easy-deb-chroot
Code:
easy-deb-chroot: Wymaga: opensh ale nie da się go zainstalować
                   Wymaga: xmimd (>= 1.2) ale nie zostanie zainstalowany
E: Pakiety są uszkodzone
MeeCatalog wasn't able to install that package (it wasn't even showing this package) so i tried to do this by console. But dependencies aren't satisfied. There's no Opensh package and xmimd
;]

Last edited by WallAR; 2012-09-24 at 12:58.

Originally Posted by WallAR View Post
Hi! i've got a problem after i try to run apt-get install easy-deb-chroot
Code:
easy-deb-chroot: Wymaga: opensh ale nie da się go zainstalować
                   Wymaga: xmimd (>= 1.2) ale nie zostanie zainstalowany
E: Pakiety są uszkodzone
MeeCatalog wasn't able to install that package (it wasn't even showing this package) so i tried to do this by console. But dependencies aren't satisfied. There's no Opensh package and xmimd
;]
Be sure to select "Community Share Repository" repository and update, update in MeeCatalog.

Today I've checked in Terminal with "apt-cache show easy-deb-chroot", "apt-cache show easy-chroot" and "apt-cache show xmimd" : they give the current versions. So the "Community Share Repository" seems to be ok.

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Halemba
Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
Be sure to select "Community Share Repository" repository and update, update in MeeCatalog.

Today I've checked in Terminal with "apt-cache show easy-deb-chroot", "apt-cache show easy-chroot" and "apt-cache show xmimd" : they give the current versions. So the "Community Share Repository" seems to be ok.
I've added as in tutorial Community shared repo (in meeCatalog from Well-known catalogs)
Even I added all well known repos in meecatalog and clicked update button(?).
Even used apt-get update (as root)
To make situation more complicated. Now after trying apt-get update. downloading stuck. I've removed MeeCatalog.
Removed a apt lock. updated repos. Still saying that Opensh has no candidate for install. Instaled MeeCatalog again added only comunity repos and still the same. I've tried to do manual install
But while instaling easy-deb-chroot (not easy-chroot) says that opensh package has no candidate for install . :C

Edit:Open kernel is nessesary for Easy Debian?;-)

Last edited by WallAR; 2012-09-26 at 12:15.